RSS Feed Print
Possibly a silly question, but I can't find the answer
Lucy Basey
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:12 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to something I've been wondering about for some time. If you find an agent through one genre, and they are known for representing that genre in particular, would they ever represent you for something outside of that genre as well as your work in it? Or would you be limited to writing/publishing only in the genre they represent? (Hope this makes sense, seems like I'm rambling!)

TheresaReel
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:57 AM

I know what you're asking; though I'm no expert.  I think they don't like to go outside their area of specialization, but they should at least have the contacts to be able to hook you up with another agent who might be able to help you with your different genre work.
Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:40 PM

That's a great question! We're still taking questions for future Ask an Agent posts, so we'll have a literary agent answer that for you.
Lucy Basey
Posted: Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:02 PM

Oh no! I can't believe I've only just spotted these responses. I must have forgotten to subscribe to the post! I just assumed no one had responded and checked back just to make sure. Thank you for your responses. Am I too late to see if there has been a response to my question from an agent? Or should I write it on another discussion board? Thanks
Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2015 2:53 PM

Hi Lucy,

You can post any question you would like to ask a literary agent here: Book Country Ask an Agent Blog Series 2015

Janet

Jump to different Forum...