RSS Feed Print
Spark gets a nomination.
Atthys Gage
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:26 AM

I know this is a total long shot, but if there are any members of the Google Book club called Love Romances Cafe, my little book SPARK has been nominated 

for Best of 2014 in the Young Adult category.  I know, weird right?  It's not a romance by any traditional interpretation, but apparently LRC is branching out. Anyway,

the nomination is nice, but if anyone is a member (or wants to become a member. It's pretty easy to register.) Spark is on the list with five other books in the YA/NA category, 

humbly, even shyly, hoping for votes.  

Like I said, a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask. 

Atthys 

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:34 PM
Wow, Atthys. That's wonderful news! Congratulations for being nominated

Mimi Speike
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:42 PM

I'll try to join, read, and vote. Never heard of a Google book club. But there's so much I've never heard of. Developing an on-line presence is going to be a struggle for me. Best of luck, Atthys.
Atthys Gage
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 1:38 AM

Actually I meant a Yahoo Book club.  I get confused easily.

Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 6:41 PM

Okay, I'll look for the Yahoo Book Club. How did you get noticed? Did you enter your book? I'll go over to Yahoo now. Have no idea what it consists of. Never visited it in my life.
Atthys Gage
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 10:26 PM

Mimi.  It's kind of you to take an interest. I really don't know how I ended up as a nominee.  It isn't, I'm sure, because scads of people read the book and pushed forward my name in groundswell of popular support.  I sincerely doubt anybody at Love Romances Cafe has read my book. More likely, someone at the publisher saw they were looking for YA category nominees and just grabbed the first thing she saw while she was nominating all the romances and erotica books from Breathless Press.
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 11:03 PM

One site or another, I'm going to read your book. I have a list for my next trip to Amazon, your book will be one it. Sigh. I have so many things waiting to be read, but I'll get you in. On my list: a print copy history of Navarre that I discovered in digitized form last week, something by Beryl Bainbridge, I'm curious as hell to see what she writes, GD's book, can't remember the name, and, something I stumbled on today, a social history of Early Modern France that looks very interesting. Research for Sly, of course.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 4/17/2015, 11:05 PM--

Atthys Gage
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2015 8:18 PM

G.D.'s book is called The Phoenix Diary. I haven't read it, but it looks decidedly interesting.

Jump to different Forum...