RSS Feed Print
Spark goes paper.
Atthys Gage
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2015 12:25 PM

Hey, all.  

My first book, SPARK from Lycaon Press, comes out in paperback on March 11. In honor of that momentous occasion, 

I'll be talking on the radio today at 1 pm, (Pacific Daylight Time), talking about books and how to get published (it's easy,

folks!) and writing and what not. I'm not shying away from controversy, folks. I may even advocate using the passive voice

not and then.  Here's the link.  And seriously, if you really do want to listen in, it'll be archived, but then you can't call in

and ask for Seymour Butz.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/writersonlinenetwork/2015/03/08/freshly-booked-w-atthys-gage

Atthys

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:31 PM
Wow, Atthys, that's great! Congratulations
Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:42 PM

I'm going to try to tune in at our 5pm (Eastern time). Do I have that right? Maybe I'll talk to you later.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Very nice, Atthys. You did very well. Maybe I missed the call for phone-ins. I had lost track of time (researching the history of organ grinders for Sly) and I didn't tune in until the quarter hour. 

--edited by Mimi Speike on 3/8/2015, 5:53 PM--

Atthys Gage
Posted: Sunday, March 8, 2015 8:51 PM

Always glad to chat with you Mimi.  Actually, he never opened it up for calls. Which was fine. I had prepared a bunch of Q&A responses, but mostly he just winged it and I followed as best I could.  It was fun.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 1:00 PM

Hi Atthys! So many congrats on the paperback publication!

I am sorry I missed the radio interview, I was swamped with visiting babies this weekend. Babies make listening to audio content difficult.

Glad it will be archived--we will share!

Do you have copies of the paperbacks? Send us a pic or show us on social media!

Atthys Gage
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 5:27 PM

Lucy.  Believe me, I know from babies1  

Thanks for reposting the link to the radio show on twitter, and thanks for asking about the paperback of Spark. I haven't actually gotten a copy in my hot little hands yet. (Distribution is kind of slow.) The cover is the same as on the eBook. Maybe I'll figure out some way of displaying the paperback when I get it. A picture of me holding it or something. 

In other news, Lycaon is publishing Flight of the Wren, a book I definitely workshopped on Book Country. We've just begun the editorial process so it'll be a few months. Sounds like they'll be coming out with the paperback first this time, or maybe concurrently with the eBook. At any rate, I'll let you know. 

Thanks,

Atthys

Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 10:54 AM

Fantastic news about FLIGHT OF THE WREN! Is this the sequel to SPARK?

Congrats, Atthys!!

Atthys Gage
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 1:24 PM

Nope. It's another YA paranormal, but it's a standalone. 

Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 1:25 PM

Very cool!

Jump to different Forum...