RSS Feed Print
Thank Your Fellow Book Country Members!
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2015 5:52 AM

Hi  

On Book Country, we make wonderful connections with like-minded readers/writers. Those writers/readers support us--and we support them. Most often they show their support by reviewing WIPs we have uploaded to the site, and we thank them by either reviewing in return or leaving a 'thank you' comment beneath the review.

But how about we thank them here, where it's more likely they'll see it? As far as I know comments left on reviews aren't notified by email or other method yet. So I'm going to thank my friends on Book Country here, individually, to show my appreciation.

@Marlin55:

You're one of my best friends here on Book Country. I love our little back-and-forth chats via messaging. I also enjoy reviewing your WIPs, and seeing you blossom. I hope we remain friends for a long time And I'm praying Search for Hercules comes together for you.

@S.M. Roffey:

I've reviewed Scion of the Ring 3 times, and you've reviewed Scarlet Crimson twice, Destiny's Bond once. Each review was helpful, and I thank you for that. You're an invaluable connection. Being witness to Scion of the Ring's improvement has been a wonderful experience for me.

@GD Deckard:

We've been having a conversation back-and-forth for a week or so now, concerning a 'might/hopefully will be' website for new authors to market their books. In that time, I feel we've become friends. You've also reviewed Scarlet Crimson for me, and I value your praise and encouragement.

@Janet Umenta:

You reviewed Destiny's Bond, and were very thorough, as well as supportive and encouraging. Your thoughts and suggestions were good ones, and I'm taking them into consideration. When you approached me about being featured on Book Country's Member Spotlight, you walked me through the process of emailing you my replies to the questions you asked, as well as attaching the photo. You were very patient with me, and I really appreciate that.

@James Blackford:

You were another who reviewed Destiny's Bond for me, and you put a lot of detail and time into it. I felt so bad when you discovered that you reviewed the version that is now obsolete. You were so, so thorough, and made such good points. You're also an invaluable connection. The offer of reviews still stand--message me if you want me to review.

@Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager:

Your review on Destiny's Bond was thoughtful and thorough. You've also been supportive of me throughout Book Country. For being so friendly and nice, I thank you.

@Amanda Kimberley:

We've exchanged reviews, as well as messages on this site. I consider you a great friend. And I hope to continue communicating with you.

@Lisa Hoekstra:

We only recently met on Book Country, but I already like you. You have talent as a writer, and I've no doubts you'll flourish.

@Jay Greenstein:

You're my Grumpy Writing Coach. The one who first reviewed Destiny's Bond, and who gave me the kick in the pants I needed to begin my journey of studying and learning Craft. For being brave enough to set me straight, I sincerely thank you.

@EB Solace:

You are a talented writer, with a Voice that is fresh for me. Your review of Destiny's Bond was very helpful. You were the first to see the prologue--To have you, the one who was lecturing me on all the reasons why not to use a prologue, say "Keep it," made my day brighter. Our back-and-forth messages have also made me happy.

@Carl E. Reed:

We haven't communicated in a while, but your review on Destiny's Bond also gave me the goad I needed to begin studying Craft. You're a very, very talented writer, and I'm honored to have you among my Connections. You're one of my mentors  

@Nicholas Kotar:

You are also one of my mentors. I've reviewed A Lamentation of Swans three times, and I enjoyed the read more with each new draft. Your thoughts and opinions on Destiny's Bond were insightful, and your advice was sound. Thank you.

Thank you all. Each of you, who have stood by me on my journey. Who haven't given up on me. Your friendship and support have made the learning--and the writing--much more fun.

Amber

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I encourage other members to thank their friends here. Post on this thread the names for those you're thankful for.

--edited by Amber Wolfe on 3/2/2015, 6:44 AM--

Marlin55
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:05 PM

Amber, it's my pleasure to know you. You were the first person to step forward, introduce yourself, and and give me one of my first reviews. Your support and guidance is definitely helping my writing. I hold a lot of deep appreciation for everything that you do for me,the other writers, and for Book Country.

Marlin

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:53 PM
Aww, thanks so much, Marlin. I'm blushing

Jump to different Forum...