RSS Feed Print
Anne Bishop--Who else finds her Fantasy Books Riveting?
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2015 7:08 AM

All right, I'm going to admit it right here and now--Anne Bishop (In my opinion) is the best Fantasy Author, ever. Her stories are dark and the characters are ones you can truly care about. I've finished her Black Jewels Trilogy, am reading the last book of her Tir Alainn Trilogy, and will be going onto her novel Dreams Made Flesh, a spin-off from the Black Jewels.

Why do I like Anne Bishop so much? Well, because she knows what she's doing, and does it well. Her descriptions are vivid, her characters are vivid, her world building is vivid. She sucks you in. When first starting to read the Black Jewels Trilogy, I'll admit to being at first put off--This kind of story wasn't one I usually went for--but as I continued to read, as I forced myself past the first couple chapters, I realized she made the world sound so real, made the characters sound real, and I was being hooked, unable to put it down. Moreover, her stories--which I won't go into detail here, as I don't want to spoil anything for readers who haven't gotten to her--are dark to the extreme, mingled with love that doesn't smack you in the face, and humor that'll get you chuckling.

Does she have flaws? I suppose so. My complaint revolves around how she tends to (in my opinion) over-explain certain aspects (such as the world) But then, this is a Fantasy Book, with a fleshed out world. Of course she's got to give you some insight into it.

Fantasy readers, if you like Dark Fantasy with lovable/likeable characters, a suck-you-in plot, doses of humor, and a sprinkling of love story, pick up Anne Bishop's books. You won't regret it. (I personally recommend the Black Jewels Trilogy as a start, since that's her first series, and a Bestseller at that)

What are your favorite Fantasy authors/books? Who else shares my love of Anne Bishop?

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, February 3, 2015 1:44 AM
What? Nobody's going to nibble? Aww . . .

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 2:22 PM

Hey Amber--somehow missed this post!

What's your favorite of Anne Bishop's books?

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 6:21 PM

Hey, Lucy. You nibbled. Yay!

Hmm . . . let's see . . .

I love her Black Jewels Trilogy. I adore her Tir Alainn Trilogy. Out of what I've read of the Black Jewels Trilogy spin-offs, they are all wonderful . . .

Oh. Did I just list off all the ones I've read so far? Yep. Says a lot, doesn't it?

I love Anne Bishop! biggrin Love her! Love her! LOVE HER!

Ahem. Calming down now.

Amber

Jump to different Forum...