RSS Feed Print
Grateful for Nano!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:27 PM

May I just take a moment to express my gratitude for NaNoWriMo?? I have a feeling that I am definitely NOT going to win Nano (again) this year, but I feel so grateful for the way it was reinvigorated an old project. I plan on spending most of Thanksgiving weekend trying to add to that word count and I feel grateful for that excitement and energy that Nano brings to the process.

We had an awesome guest post from a writer named Allison Carmen about writing and gratitude today. She says,

"I constantly realized that writing is a gift in my life and being able to express myself was important to me regardless of who read my work or how many people might buy my book. I can honestly say now that even if my book had never been published, I would do it all again just for the wonderful journey and the hours I spent cultivating my creativity and deepest thoughts."

That is SUCH a refreshing mindset. I am embracing it!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Lezli Horn
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:13 PM

Cheers Lucy!

I think that NaNoWriMo is that thing that reminds us that we love writing. Reminds us why we love writing. Reminds us that to be writer we must get the words down. And it does all of this with a support that is contagious. I am so glad I stumbled on NaNoWriMo three years ago.

Lezli

Russell Giles
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:42 AM

Yes indeedee, NaNo has been near and dear to my heart ever since I first heard of it. 

It was four years ago when I first tried it.  I was on an online dating site and this lovely young woman there had posted on her profile that she took part in this NaNoWriMo thing.  Writing novels, just for fun?   Madness, thought I!  But then we got to messaging each other and she convinced me to try for it myself. 

Ever the one to impress the pretty girl (or at least try), I gave it a go and came out the other side of that November with my first plot-hole laden, spellingly challenged beauty, Pebblestrewn.  I printed the thing out and let her read through it, typos and all.  I expect she must have liked it, for a couple years later we were married!  biggrin

This is the first year where both she and I were able to finish NaNo projects together.  Needless to say, we're ordering the T-shirts!

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:06 PM

Russell--I love this! What a romantic story. You definitely need those t-shirts!!

Lezli--your enthusiasm for Nano is contagious. I love your attitude about it! And your tips helped me so much this year. I feel like I made a ton of progress. How's your project?

Jump to different Forum...