RSS Feed Print
Greetings!(4)
Alex Seise
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:20 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Alex Seise and I am excited to join the Book Country community!  I actually joined a few months back and managed to get a few editorial suggestions out before my freelance deadlines grew heavier than I'd anticipated.  Never a bad thing, but it's been one busy autumn!

Now that my workload has calmed to manageable levels, I'm looking forward to participating in Book Country reviews, discussions and community functions.

Earlier this month, I self-published my debut novel, Rising Son, which has been doing quite well.  Besides my own social media efforts and independent outreach, I've only applied a limited amount of marketing efforts post-launch--however, I've still seen consistent daily sales.  I'm planning to kick things up in the next few weeks, and I'm looking forward to accelerating my efforts to push my first book out to the masses.

Currently, I'm also working on my second, third and fourth novels simultaneously.  (I'm nothing if not ambitious!)  The second is the sequel to Rising Son, which will be the next entry in a tetralogy.  The draft is complete, and I'm currently self-editing while also fine tuning story arcs for volumes three and four in the series.  The third novel on my desk is the beginning of a new loosely connected series that I've wanted to write for years. It's a blend of literary fiction and character-driven drama brushed with the faintest touch of the supernatural, all set in a remote inter-connected universe that I once called home.  Finally, my fourth novel is a secret experimental piece, one that may be released under a pen name, shelved for decades or scrapped altogether.  Who knows where that particular journey will take me--I certainly don't, but, hey, I'm letting my quill drive!

Anyway, enough about me.    Time to dig into manuscripts.

Look up, write on!
-Alex

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 3:50 PM

Hi Alex--great to see you on the Discussion Boards. I checked out your site for your book--it's very cool.

I definitely think Book Country will be a great place for you to workshop, review, connect with other writers, and grow your audience.I will connect you to some other SciFi writers here on the site, too.

How are you staying organized while writing the 3 books at once?

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...