RSS Feed Print
Promo in the works.
Mimi Speike
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 1:03 PM

I've started many. This one I'm going to finish.

In an article on Huffington Post, called ‘What the Education of the Future Will Look Like’, there is a striking graphic. That look, turned on its side in an accordion fold mailer, titled ‘What Is This Book About?’ written in my usual jocular manner, taking what I refer to (and I'm dead serious) as my so-called plot, and making a joke of my joke. It would perhaps get me some attention from agents and publishers. At the least, I'll explore ideas for further nonsense, and that is never a bad thing to do. 

This would be a fun way to promote my book. The look is similar to the look of a promo/board game I long ago mocked up for Sly, and never continued with. I’m going to marry the two ideas, play with them, while I continue to revise.  

--edited by Mimi Speike on 7/25/2014, 1:42 PM--

Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, August 3, 2014 12:10 AM

It’s been a rough week, folks. I’ve had a recurrence of a health problem that I’ve endured, periodically, for twenty years. It mostly happens in the summer. I’ve been to allergists, sinus doctors, neurologists, dentists, the entire medical fraternity, no one can pinpoint the problem.

We have a cat that was just treated for glaucoma. I’d convinced myself that I was similarly afflicted. Yesterday, an eye doctor ruled that out. You want to see people look at you like you’re a nut, tell them you may have glaucoma, you’ve researched the symptoms of your cat.

Anyway, I’m chilling out. I’m tweaking the copy for my promo, a bottle of Sam Adams in hand. What I’ve got here is damn good, my editor thinks so too, she only wishes I’d drop some of my signature sass/smart ass and play it straight. Play it straight? Me? Not a chance.

I won’t put it up here. Unless, of course, someone asks. 

--edited by Mimi Speike on 8/3/2014, 12:11 AM--

Jump to different Forum...