RSS Feed Print
Who likes Grammarly, etc?
Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:13 AM

AutoCrit, ProWriter, Grammarly. Are any of them truly helpful? Are they worth the money? I hate giving out credit card info even if I can cancel after a free trial. I ran two pages through a sample window. They came up with a bunch of errors. Spelling, maybe. I use some unusual words. Subject-verb agreement? I've read the section over and over and I see nothing out of agreement. Fragments, that's part of my style. In other words, I'm dubious. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:49 PM
Well, although you asked this a while back and I don't know whether you're still wondering this, I find ProWritingAid pretty helpful. The free version allows 3,000 words to be analyzed at a time, and has some neat functions, such as spotting repetition, long sentences, and more.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:18 AM

I need to check out ProWritingAid. Amber, that sounds like an awesome tool. How did you find out about it?
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:39 AM
I found while using AutoCrit, actually. Although AutoCrit has some of same functions of ProWritingAid, you have to pay to use them. And you could only analyze 500 words on AutoCrit. So I browsed the web looking for a better tool and discovered ProWritingAid. It really is useful, and a lot of its useful functions are free (Though I haven't been to the site in a while, so that might have changed)
Pilot
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:35 PM

I use ProWritingAid and Ginger, and have tried others. There is a very good article on all the grammar checkers, the pros and cons, and prices at this website: http://thewritelife.com/automatic-editing-tools/#.wvzpgp:7Ohr
Mimi Speike
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:02 PM

I haven't tried any of them yet. I'm a little afraid to. I will, sooner or later.
Kawasaki
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 12:58 AM

I tried Grammarly and found it helpful but too expensive for my means. Apparently, I also misunderstood the length of the free use period and was charged for a month's use. So read the terms with care.

--edited by Kawasaki on 8/28/2015, 12:59 AM--

Jump to different Forum...