RSS Feed Print
Word count Requirement
A_Jarvis
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:29 PM

I recently transferred here from Authorstand after receiving a message letting me know that because I was a contest winner I should move to the new site. My story, however, is only 900 words and does not meet the 2500 word requirement for uploading a story. This is extremely disappointing to me, given that I was really hoping that this new site would re-inspire me to continue writing (as I once was). I am also wondering how other people are faring. Many people on Authorstand had published individual poems, short stories (for contests that required less than 1000 words) and many other smaller works. I even contacted support and was told it was not possible to upload my story (I was hoping I was just trying to do it incorrectly). Does Book Country ever plan on allowing smaller works?

A part of me is hoping I am still just missing something, but it's seeming less and less likely as I go look through the site. Is this bothering anyone else?

Also I looked for a thread like this already and found nothing, but if I missed one, I apologize.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:05 PM

Hi @A_Jarvis!

Welcome to Book Country!

Once you have reviewed another member's writing, you can definitely go ahead and post your 900-word story here to Book Country. If you wanted to publish and sell that story as an eBook, it would need to be more than 2500 words to push it through electronically. It doesn't sound like you want to publish it, but rather share it with the community and get feedback, so I think it will be fun. If you run into any trouble just let us know by emailing support@BookCountry.com.

Excited to have you here with us!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...