RSS Feed Print
review
Ladyhawke
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 8:35 PM

I saved a book I was reading for review...how do iI get back to it??? Check that I figured it out

ladyhawke

--edited by Ladyhawke on 3/11/2014, 9:34 PM--

DCLabs
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:50 PM

Glad you figured it out.  Did you also find the option to follow a book?  That's a great way to find it quickly and be notified when the author posts a new draft for review.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 5:34 PM

Hi Ladyhawke--how's everything going? Just wanted to check in. It looks like you reviewed SIERRA OVERDRIVE (and followed it, nice!), so I am thinking all is well.

Are you planning to post your own work as well?

Thank you, Dan, for swinging in here! Love to see writers helping writers!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Ladyhawke
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 11:50 AM

Yes Lucy. I am planning to submit a story...as soon as I give it a final edit...rather when my editor wife does...it's a 17 000 + word novella...hope that is ok...please explain exactly what  'workshop' means'...

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 1:23 PM

Hi Ladyhawke--just wrote you back via PM but it's good to share an explanation of what "workshop" means here, too.

Workshop, as far as BC is concerned, is like a shorthand for the part of our site where members post their manuscripts, or "works-in-progress" to be read and reviewed by other members of the community. You can find other books being "workshopped" via search--> books, via the Genre Map, or via the Books page.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Lucy

Ladyhawke
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:14 PM

The book is now posted...now what happens??
DCLabs
Posted: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:02 PM

You wait, sometimes a while, and other people will start reading and leaving peer reviews on your current or future draft.  Be sure to use keywords and build contacts to encourage people to read.  Also being active in the community helps as well!  There are several resources on the Book Country blog to guide you in writing a book blurb that draws in readers.

Happy reading!

Jump to different Forum...