RSS Feed Print
Books that make no sense
Linnea Ren
Posted: Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:44 PM
So, I have a lot of friends. And most of these friends like to read, then suggest the books to me. One of these books (yes it is published), completely baffled me when I finished it last night, but not in a good way. Most of the book was boring. Nothing happened. The same conversations were repeated again, and again, and again for about 100,000 words. I didn't feel the stakes of this so called war, or understand the characters at all. When I got to the climax chapter (which for some reason was the LAST chapter), again, it was all a giant conversation.
Until the main character randomly ripped a man's heart out. 
Not even kidding. They'd tussled a bit, but suddenly she's ripping his heart out with her bare hands. So I was expecting there to be some kind of torment on her end (especially because for most of the book it talked about how she refused to kill people), or at least more action, but instead the main character hides as her man fights for her. 
I didn't know what to say! It was so weird! It wasn't a good book to begin with, but this took the cake.
Has anyone else read any books like that? Where it just DOES something so random and weird and out of place that you don't know how to respond?
~Linnea

Rhyll
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:45 PM

There are some weird ones out there. I read a book - part of a well-known series - where a monster was destroying a city. I was so bored I started flipping ahead. It really had nothing to do with anything.

Jump to different Forum...