RSS Feed Print
Christian Romance with Sizzle!
Ellise Weaver
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:38 PM

Romance novels, for some of us, are a necessary thing...

Like breathing air, we must have our daily dose.  It is life sustaining.  This has been true for me ever since junior high school when I first discovered romance novels.  I quickly learned that devouring a good book was as delicious and satisfying as any feast.  My novel, The Governess is my first attempt at putting together something delicious for me to read while I recovered from a bout with breast cancer.  I needed a more positive challenge to face besides what I had just gone through.  Afterward, I decided that I should share it with the world and see if it was something that could be enjoyed by others and, at the same time, pay off medical bills.  I am happy to say that my first few months were successful in helping my family out.  Then disaster hit again. 

My husband had open heart surgery and a quadruple bypass.  Uggh!  Life is a busy, challenging thing.  At about the same time, my sales started tanking dramatically.  I couldn't figure out why.  Then I found out that, starting in September 2013, the big publishing houses had dumped their older titles on Amazon and have received the majority of the sales since then.  Those, like me, who are self-published have less chance against this plethora of best-selling books.  I would like to change my own luck by self-promoting my work. 

Please, if you could support my work in any way, I would truly appreciate it.  If you enjoy Christian Romance with Sizzle, you'll love my novel.  The Governess is available in Kindle, eBook, Paperback, and Hardcover. 

Because it was so important to get my book published quickly, and because it was so large, I split it into three volumes.  I published each volume as quickly as I could, just in time for sales to do well when my husband became ill.  While he was busy recovering, I was able to manage putting it all together in to one volume of work I call the trilogy.  Purchases of any or all are greatly appreciated.  Reviews and comments on any website are welcome (i.e., Amazon, Goodreads, Shelfari, Kobo, Lulu, here, etc.)  I'm hoping that support of any kind will reverse the slow trend.  If anyone has a blog or website, I would certainly be grateful for any author interviews or blog tours.  They help tremendously, and I would be happy to return the favor on my blogs and website. 

I am very grateful for any support!  Thank you!

Ellise C. Weaver

http://www.elliseweaver.weebly.com

Short Synopsis:

The Governess (Book One in The Huntington Saga Series Novels) is about lovely, inexperienced Miss Carly Blakemore, only nineteen years of age, received at her first post as governess for two precocious children, ready to love them as her own.  But her biggest challenge will be their father; masterful in everything--especially his kiss.

--edited by Ellise Weaver on 2/18/2014, 2:40 PM--

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 11:59 AM

Congratulations on publishing THE GOVERNESS.

I wish you great success.

Jump to different Forum...