RSS Feed Print
In Plain Sight
Sephira
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:09 PM

Not quite at this point yet, but still looking to get some feedback on a basic blurb and/or potential query for when I do get there. Thanks!!

No damsel in distress, 20 year old Rylee James hides in plain sight of the enemy, hoping to rescue her brother - a Confederate soldier captured by Union forces. Disguised as a man, she's counting on her skills as a doctor to see her through while she risks it all to save the only family she has left.

But even the best laid plans can go awry when love is at stake, and all too soon she is faced with the reality that life's choices aren't always easy. Love of family, love of country, or love of a good man - agonizing decisions to be made when she finds that setting her brother free has left her a prisoner of the heart.

A complete historical romance (54100) set in the midst of the American Civil War, In Plain Sight intrigues right from the start, taking you on a wild ride through the war-torn Virginia country-side. An emotional journey of love and loss, that will leave you laughing and crying - sometimes all in the same breath. 

Alternatively...

Risking it all to save the only family she has left.

No damsel in distress, 20 year old Rylee James hides in plain sight of the enemy, hoping to rescue her brother - a Confederate soldier captured by Union forces. Disguised as a man, she's counting on her skills as a doctor to see her through while she waits for the best time to execute his escape. But even the best laid plans can go awry when love is at stake, and all too soon she is faced with the reality that life's choices aren't always easy. Love of family, love of country, or love of a good man - agonizing decisions to be made when she finds that setting her brother free has left her a prisoner of the heart.

A complete historical romance (54100) set in the midst of the American Civil War, In Plain Sight intrigues right from the start, taking you on a wild and perilous ride through the war-torn Virginia country-side. An emotional journey of love and loss, that will leave you laughing and crying - sometimes all within the same breath. 

--edited by Sephira on 1/21/2014, 12:11 PM--

Ian Nathaniel Cohen
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:28 PM

I like the first one better - the "no damsel in distress" opener grabbed my attention.

Looks like you're off to an excellent start!  Not sure you need the 20-year-old part, and the second paragraph is a bit vague.  Like I said, though, it got my attention nicely.

Jump to different Forum...