RSS Feed Print
New Old Writer(1)
leilani
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 11:53 PM

I was referred to Book Country by a friend in the media business (my former professional stomping grounds) and after a little whip-and-chair coercion from him, my family and another friend, decided to go ahead and finish the manuscript that I'd allowed to languish since dirt was invented. It's up and set for review, and I'm partway into my sequel. (I haven't posted any of the sequel yet because at the beginning of the 5th chapter I decided to flip placement for a couple of characters.) I'm not new to writing, simply new to fiction writing. Reviews are more than welcome on my first effort: 

http://www.bookcountry.com/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=5874
I'm trying to perform feedback too, but have mercy. I'm working full-time-plus, writing when I get home from work, and also doing editing for a friend's novel. Spare time, y'know, those two seconds between breaths, lol. I'm delighted to see this outlet for budding authors!

Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2013 2:31 PM

Hi Leilani! Welcome to the Book Country community!

Thanks for introducing yourself and posting a link to your work that's up for peer review!

I am sending you a connection request so that we can be in touch on the site. I will send you what I think of as the "Book Country Orientation Packet"--basically a list of links that help you get where you want to go here on the site, as you are looking for the resources that will best help you and your writing!

Glad your friends and family are so encouraging of your writing--and that that led you to us!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...