RSS Feed Print
Feature request
DCLabs
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:09 PM

I'd like to make a request for a feature to be considered for the future.  My manuscript has been up for a bit now with no peer reviews but I have no way of telling how many views it's getting.

Would it be possible to add a views counter to the dashboard for manuscript drafts?  Perhaps the option to save your review of a manuscript to return to it later to complete as well.  It would help for reviewing full length manuscripts.

Thanks!

Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 9:26 AM

Hi Dan!

These are both great ideas, and we'll definitely share them with the tech team. Thanks for posting!

But reviews are important, too, and there are definitely ways to connect with Book Country members to do a review trade. You might check out this post about connecting on Book Country--there are some tips here for how to find good feedback partners on the site.

I will also send you some connection recommendations.

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 9:29 AM

Hi again, Dan--I pushed post before I answered the 2nd part of your post.

You definitely CAN save your review for later as you are working on it.Just hit "Save for Later"--let me know if you need help finding the button.

Thanks for feedback, too!

Lucy

DCLabs
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 11:48 AM

Thanks, is there any way I can see the manuscripts I'm reviewing and have clicked "save for later" or do I have to just search for that story again?  Thanks!
Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 11:56 AM

Hi Dan,

Right now the best way to keep track of what you are reading on Book Country is to "follow" a book, so that it will save into your list of followed books. We do not have an automated way of keeping track of what you were working on--but it's a great idea and I will share it with the team.

In the meantime, be sure to follow the books you are reading, and then if you are reviewing and need to come back later, be sure and click save before you close out of the window.

I hope you're enjoying reading on the site--sounds like you are working on a review of something pretty long. Thanks for taking the time to support another writer and give them feedback!

Lucy

--edited by Lucy Silag on 11/1/2013, 11:59 AM--

Mimi Speike
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:57 PM

I know nothing of website design. But, could we at last get the previous twenty-four hour's worth of posts turned a bright red or something, so we don't have to scroll down, Thurday, December 12,  Thurday, December 12, Thurday, December 12. This is tedious in the extreme.

Lucy Silag
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:00 PM

Hi Mimi,

Do you mean in the News Feed?

Let me know--and thanks for the suggestion.

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Mimi Speike
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:23 PM

No, I mean in the overall discussion list. In the news feed you only see what you're following. If we had a way to see immediately any new post, followed or not, that would be great.

I don't know if this is asking too much or not. I know next to nothing about web design.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 12/12/2013, 7:33 PM--

Jump to different Forum...