RSS Feed Print
Hello; I'm new
TheresaReel
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:31 PM

Hi.  I'm Theresa and I've just posted my fantasy/romance "Warlock Love".  Or is it a contemporary fantasy?  I just can't decide.  I've read and reviewed a few things and expect to read much more on this site (it's almost as good as going to the library!)  I do have a question that I would appreciate feedback on:  Have you ever Googled yourself?  I have and I've discovered I have a doppleganger;  Someone with the exact same spelling!  She lives on the other side of the country, but she writes on New Age/Wiccan subjects and I'm afraid that is close enough to the fiction I've written to perhaps confuse people.  Should I use a pen name?  I really don't want the hassle of trying to think something up (and my mother will want to brag about me, using my real name if I ever get published).  Any ideas?
Mimi Speike
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:47 PM

Welcome, Theresa. Do you have a nickname? Can you use Terry Reel, or similar? Mimi is my life-long nickname, known to everyone.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 10/27/2013, 2:48 PM--

TheresaReel
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:56 PM

When I was little, everyone called me Tessie.  Maybe I'll use that.  Thanks for the idea.  It just seems so juvie; probably because I associate it with my childhood.  (P.S.--Can't stand Terry; knew a mean cheerleader in h.s. with that name!)
Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:42 AM

Hi Theresa--thanks for posting this introduction!

Just wanted to add this link to your book, and also tell you that I love the way you filled in your Book Details--very cute and fun!

Lucy

Jump to different Forum...