RSS Feed Print
table of contents the best way to do it?
ebell1
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 10:17 PM

I have 4 chapters ready to post ( 20 chaps written ) but Im trying to do a table of contents. I feel it's important to any story and I always expect to see them in anything I read. Im having trouble using the editor...when i highlight and add it changes the size of the font and crams it together into one big block of bulky text. Is there another way of doing it or am i just doing something wrong?
Timothy Maguire
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:33 AM

Hi. There was a thread like this where I tried to be helpful, so you might want to take a look at the discussion below:

http://www.bookcountry.com/Community/Discussion/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=8589935840

As to your general problem, Book Country stores your book in the same way it would an ebook (if you take a look at their ebook publisher, it's the same as the standard system). Because of the way ebooks work, you need to have a hyperlink to each of the chapters so that the reader can get to them from the table of contents. As a result, chapter titles basically have to be standardised in ebooks.

What you can do is split up your chapter titles.

Say you want to do something like:

Chapter one: The Return of the King

An Epigraph on the beginnings of hope

You could set it up to be:

Chapter One

The Return of the King

An Epigraph on the beginnings of hope

Where the only part selected for the table of contents is the bit on bold.

Looking at some of the ebooks I own, there's more you can do with this, but I'm not sure how to. I'd take a look at the how to guides that are in the learn section.

I hope this helps

ebell1
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 4:23 PM

Oh! Thank you so much I will give it a try ^_^

Jump to different Forum...