RSS Feed Print
New Aspiring Editor
DrakeCCampbell
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2013 3:17 PM

Hello all,
I just heard about this website while listening to the "On The Media" podcast.  It sounds like a fantastic idea to me!  There are plenty of good, undiscovered writers out there who may not be getting noticed because they lack the proper connections and this website could go a long way towards rectifying that.
Anyways, I am not a writer... anymore.  I used to be a newspaper writer, mostly in sports, and ended up quitting because I just couldn't stand to interview idiot football coaches week after week who just parrot whatever they heard the famous coaches say in their ESPN interviews.  I was an editor for my college newspaper and I believe I have an eye for editing and would love to take a shot at it here in this community.   I won't be submitting any of my own work, but I'd love to offer my services as an editor who will take reading and critiquing your work very seriously.  Please send me a message or reply if you'd like me to take a crack at your work!
Thanks!

Raymos Smith
Posted: Monday, September 9, 2013 11:20 PM

Hello sir, I just got started here on book country myself.  I had previously written a book, but only recently found out about this site.  I've put my entire story up for review here and am hoping to get some good feedback before i continue toward publishing.  My book is titled 'Dying to Meat You'.  It's my take on a zombie story.  I re-invented the genre and made it as plausible as possible.  If you like horror and gore, it'd probably be up your alley.  Welcome to book country.
Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Hi @Drake,

Welcome to Book Country!

Love hearing that you heard us on the NPR/On the Media segment! Thanks for checking us out.

If you need any help navigating the site, just let me know. Here are some of the resources that we have posted that could help orient you if you're feeling lost (or just curious about all the things you can do on here!):

Or you can send me a message or email (lucy AT bookcountry DOT com) and I can answer any questions that way as well.

Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...