RSS Feed Print
Greetings from the Sherry Fairy
shinyhappysherryfairy
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:18 AM

hmmmm so you want to know about me? Thank you very much. Okay,  here it comes! my story. After all as Alfred Hitchcock said " Always make your audience suffer as long as possible." 

Well, If you were to take Janis Joplin, Scarlet O Hara, Bette Midler, Mary Poppins , Carrie Fisher, Gracie Allen , W.C. Fields, all four of the Marx Brothers and put them in a giant blender you would get...Well, a pretty terrible mess. And most likely, some serious criminal charges! However, I am the kind of gal who would help bury the pieces, have the place spotless before the cops arrived, come up with a good story, great excuse or fairly decent justification, and provide you an airtight alibi. Failing that, at least get a cheap false beard and mustache, a fake passport, plenty of funny money and hide you in the back of the van to get you across the border. If the worst should happen, and we don’t make it I promise I will write you a fantastic confession and defend you in court on Judge Judy. 

I am currently trapped in a keyboard cage somewhere in Maryland pretending to be a mild mannered homemaker and mother to four wretched and ungrateful offspring that are a never –ending source of despair and delight. Despite my protests they insist on continuing to grow up and move out leaving me with nothing to do collecting creepy dolls as replacements and but spend every waking moment at the keyboard. I wish that were a joke! I frequently wake up on the couch with no blanket after a three day writing marathon with an open laptop on my chest, ferrets attacking my toes and birds searching my hair for stray birdseed, which they find, to my great dismay, much more than I would care to admit to anyone.

i am busy promoting my first book right now, which is right  here on bookcountry " Even Rock and Roll has Fairy Tales( The Flight of the Shiny Happy Sherry Fairy)"www.evenrockandrollhasfairytales.com 

But i'm also trying to work on my other projects which is why i want to get involved here connecting with other writers to unwind and take a break from the relentless flogging one must do constantly when you are self published. i love to read others work and talk about it so i'm really looking forward to doing some reading and reviewing.

Nice to meet you all, Sherry

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:40 AM

Hi Sherry! Welcome to Book Country. Glad to have you here, and excited that you introduced yourself. I love when people do that.

Is your book a memoir? I am really interested in memoir myself.

If you need any help navigating the site, just give me a holler: lucy AT bookcountry DOT com.

We've also got some video tutorials that I think are a good intro to the Book Country site. Check them out here.

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Jump to different Forum...