RSS Feed Print
SLIDE THE SCALES FROM MY EYES now published!
Timothy Maguire
Posted: Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:03 PM

My novel, Slide The Scales From My Eyes, has now been published through Book Country! The first book in a new urban fantasy series, it details the misadventures of Lea, a Leicester student who gets dragged into the conspiracies rotting beneath her city when a mysterious secret world is revealed to her. I'll let her tell you about it:

"What happens when knowing about a secret makes you a part of that secret?

I was your average university student, looking forwards to the new term while starting work at my new bar job. Then everything changed. I was kidnapped by a man with impossible abilities, but that was nothing compared to what he showed me. There is another world hidden within and tangential to our own, one I that I was forced to live within. It is a world of strange powers, where emotions are as real as stone and we are granted strange, unpredictable abilities, but it is also a place of insanity, a gathering place of deadly conspiracies and dangerous choices. Knowing about it changes you, makes you into something not more than human, but different, and those changes are dangerous. Worst of all are the people who live there, divided and driven by the power they are gifted with.

We call ourselves Awakened, for we have had our eyes opened to the true world around us. Yet, we cannot Awaken everyone, for it would unleash a torrent of insanity that could tear both worlds apart. We have to keep this secret, but there are those who would endanger it, risk the world for a chance at making a fast buck or a touch of power.

My name is Aleah, Lea to my friends, and this isn't the life I wanted, but it's the life I've got and I'm going to live it. No matter what comes, whether it's dodgy churches, mad martial artists or power-hungry fools, I'm going to do my best to survive, to thrive and to make something of this new life I have. Regardless of what happens."

Slide The Scales From My Eyes is available from Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, Scribd, Barnes & Noble, Google and Sony as an ebook.

If anyone's interested in receiving a review copy, let me know and I'll send one to you.

Thank you everyone who helped with it over the last year and a half!

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:13 AM

Congratulations!
Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:46 AM

@Timothy--that is really great! Congrats! Keep us posted on the book's journey into the world.
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:05 PM

I read & reviewed this a while ago. The concept is really unique. Congrats, Tim!!
Mari Adkins
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:12 PM
I'd love to have a review copy!
Timothy Maguire
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:54 PM

I'll just point out now that Scales is available on the BC bookstore now (and more importantly, is cheapest there) so you've really got no excuse now.

Mari: I've sent you a message about getting that review copy.

Mari Adkins
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:06 PM
Tim, I'm not seeing any new messages here at BC nor in my regular email. I had a huge influx of spam earlier today. It's possible your message got eaten by my junk filter. Could you please try again?
Timothy Maguire
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 10:10 AM

Sorry Mari, that's my fault. I hadn't connected with you yet, so I couldn't send you a message. You should have one now.

Jump to different Forum...