RSS Feed Print
Under the Dome?
Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 2:52 PM

Has anyone watched Under the Dome on CBS or on webstreaming yet?  I watched the pilot last night (FYI it's already available on Amazon Prime if you're a subscriber) and I am hooked.  What did everyone else think?

I haven't read the original book by Stephen King, so I can't judge if it's a faithful adaptation, but the premise is really cool: a small town in Maine suddenly finds itself trapped inside a mysterious transparent force-field dome.

The dialogue in the pilot was a little rough . . . as a writer this was definitely one of those time where I wanted to step behind the scenes and make some edits.  Curious if anyone else out there felt the same way.  Still definitely gonna keep watching though--it feels like it could be the new Lost.

MariAdkins
Posted: Friday, July 5, 2013 12:26 PM
I'm intrigued - but spoiled by Netflix. I'm going to wait until I can watch the whole thing straight through. tongueout

Joseph Bridges
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 8:03 PM

I saw some of the advertisements, but I haven't seen any of the show. I haven't liked many of Stephen King's novels, but I used to be a fan of his short stories.
Lucy Silag
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 7:48 AM

@Mari--yes, isn't so strange to watch TV as it airs? Like you, I am all about watching something straight through if I can. What are you watching on Netflix?

I have to say, Under the Dome hasn't held my interest. I keep going back to Friday Night Lights instead!

MariAdkins
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:58 PM

We've got, what, two weeks to wait for UtD to be finished? Then I'll watch it straight through.

I'm watching The West Wing, the original TMNT cartoons, and a ton of Ken Burns documentaries on Netflix.

Frank Darbe
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:37 PM

I haven't watched Under the Dome, but I've read it. I'll have to check it out and see what I think, I suppose.
Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:07 PM

@Mari--don't know how I missed this! I just watched the entire West Wing series this spring! Soooooooooooo good. How far along are you? Who's your fave character?
Lucy Silag
Posted: Friday, August 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Okay, guys, I was skeptical at first but now I am an Under the Dome fan in a BIG way, and I need to know who else on BC is watching . . . Chime in if you are and let's discuss!

Question on my mind this afternoon is: Who's the fourth hand?!?!?

Also, if you watch Justified, did you notice how it was Winona playing the new villain on UTD? It took me SO long to figure out where I recognized that actress from.

I gotta get home to my Kindle Fire and watch the new episode. If you are watching, let's connect. I need a TV buddy (or a whole group of TV buddies) for this one.

Jump to different Forum...