RSS Feed Print
Simply Antisocial takes a jump
Crutiaolaggo
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:52 PM

I'm at a lack of words at the moment, due to the fact that I never introduce myself online or in the real world. So, I'll just have to take this step by step, starting with the simple and widely accepted greeting most english speaking creatures use.
Hi. I'm S.A. (Simply Antisocial), and I'm new to this site, even though I've already posted one of my short stories and reviewed three other stories. I feel a little out of place after reading a few tales, prompting me to understand that most writers here are going to be a bit, er, a lot more talented than I am, especially in word choice, spelling, and overall pushing buttons of keyboards.
I hope I am not quelched in a minute, and I hope that everyone is having a good day/night/mid-morning-after-supper-snacktime.
Sincerely, SA

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:45 AM

Hi SA! Welcome to Book Country!

Thanks for taking the plunge. We appreciate your bravery.

It's humbling to see how much talent is on the site. Try not to be intimidated. I strongly believe in the value of a community of writers to help each other improve their work. Hang with us long enough and I'm sure we'll get to see how talented you are.

Nevena Georgieva, Book Country's assistant, wrote this great guide for folks new to the site: https://www.bookcountry.com/Industry/Article.aspx?articleId=139379.

Please let me know if you need anything. I can be found here, on Twitter @brandilarsen, and via email brandi at bookcountry dot com.

Best,
Brandi
Book Country Director

bulldogsluvme
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:25 AM

Your post made me laugh  I haven't read any of the others postings yet, and I'm sure I'll be feeling the same way when I do!  Don't worry, I'm sure that whole thing about talent being "1% inspiration and 99% percent perspiration" is true.  

Jump to different Forum...