RSS Feed Print
New writer and new to Book Country
Turquoise Foster
Posted: Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Hi! I have been on the site for around two weeks now, and decided it was time for me to introduce myself. My name is Turquoise Turner and I am an inspiring author. I am currently working on my first novel and should be finished later this month. I am excited to connect with other authors, and even more excited to post my work once it is finished. 
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2012 4:42 AM

Welcome, Turquoise! Book Country is a great place to hone your craft. I look forward to seeing your book on the site!
Turquoise Foster
Posted: Sunday, September 9, 2012 8:08 AM

Thank you! I hope to have a few chapters up in the next few weeks.
Richard de Meath
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 9:01 PM

Hi Turquoise,
Its wonderful that you have decided to commit yourself to writing, which means you will never be lonely.  Writing is the best of all companions, one that exercises the mind and keep you interested in what is happening in the world.
Remember, read as much as you can, for the more information you absorb, the more your mind expands and the more you have to write about.
Good luck!

Turquoise Foster
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 9:12 PM

Thank you for your response. I have read a plethora of books since I have started writing. I believe it helps me to understand character development and pacing. I have enjoyed creating a world unlike any I have seen before.
Richard de Meath
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2012 9:44 PM

You are on the right track and as a committted reader you are bound to find your particular genre. 
Just think of all the great female writers - and picture yourself as one of their number in the future. Good writing is all about confidence, just as much as it is about talent!
Remember - rubbish in - rubbish out. 
The right books will help you to uncover hidden depths, to open your mind and encourage you to go ahead and write the kind of literature others love to read.

Turquoise Foster
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:59 AM

I reviewed the forum about what the reviewer would like to know before reading and added some of the suggestions to my author's note page. Thank you for the recommendation. 

Jump to different Forum...