RSS Feed Print
book covers are more than tiles
silent k
Posted: Thursday, September 6, 2012 11:15 PM

I am drawn to cover art, so I find it difficult to browse for books in here. The thumbnails are clean graphics, but they remind me of Sainsbury's (UK supermarket) packaging style. The minimal anonymous brand advertising. Similar but more creative than 'no-name'.
Since we know a great cover is important, why can't there be regular thumbnails to help one see the selections at a glance, and then read the synopsis? A color bar could still be attached to link to the genres... and by the way, where is the category for biography?

Looking at a lot of colored tiles rather defeats the object of judging a book by its cover (in a positive way) like all advertising, the appeal is real. Cover art is not dominos, but the domino effect. See it, love it or whatever, and respond. From there the dominos fall, and one reaches the opening sentence and on and on.

Last but maybe less, some of us live in other 'states'  such as a place called Canada... Provincial choices would feel welcome in the profile section.

Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:28 PM

Hey there -

Great suggestions but this is the wrong place for them. In the How to Use Book Country topic, there is a thread for suggestions. Feel free to add your suggestions to our list!

Jump to different Forum...