RSS Feed Print
How to submit a review
Jack Whitebridge
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:12 PM

I just started doing my first review of a book here.  I understand how to use the save for later feature, but I don't see anywhere some kind of submit or finished button.  How do I actually submit the review when I'm done writing it?

Timothy Maguire
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 9:30 AM

Off the top of my head, the problem you might be having is that you need to do a certain amount of work in every section of the review. You can't post a review until you've given a star rating for each of the three sections and you can't give the star ratings until you've written a certain amount in each section. Does that fix things? A publish review button (I can't remember what it's actually called) will appear in the bottom right when it's available.
Jack Whitebridge
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 1:03 PM

I have yet to do any of the stars.  Perhaps that is why something isn't showing up yet.  I have written a good amount in each box so far, but have yet to finish reading the story I'm on, though it still says "start writing to enable stars" for each of the three boxes.  How much needs to be written to get them activated.  I've written a few paragraphs in each so far.  I can't imagine it requires more than that.  I've seen some published reviews with much less written.

Timothy Maguire
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 9:56 PM

As you now seem to have your book up, I assume everything's gone well?
Jack Whitebridge
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:29 AM

Yes!  It seems that even though you have text saved, the stars don't reactivate until you've typed again in each text box.  It was just difficult for me to see because the difference of how they look activated versus unactivated is very subtle. 

Jump to different Forum...