RSS Feed Print
Native Americans and Floating Semi Spaceships
PhoenixGate
Posted: Friday, October 5, 2012 4:33 PM

So I have two questions.  The first has to deal with a large part of my book.  I haven't posted a chapter on it yet as I'm still writing the first one.  Anyway, a fundamental part of the book is the ship my main cast moves to.  It's a floating ship meant to cruise the earth without ever setting down.  I have a good idea for the design, but I haven't been able to get it down satisfactorily on paper.  I'm a decent artists but I'm not an engineer.  I've been hunting on google for a program that would allow me to design the ship but haven't really had any success.  If anyone knows of one I could use that would be great.  As an alternative, if anyone feels confident they could help me with the design by hand I'll welcome that as well. I'll welcome any help I can get at this point. 

The second part of my question has to do with one of my main characters.  He's half Indian and Native American.  He's in his mid-twenties by the start of the book, which is set in the future.  Initially I have settled on having him as half Lakota, but I'm having a hard time finding any information about tribal beliefs and culture.  Any sources that can be recommended, books, internet sources or even a connection with someone here that has firsthand knowledge would be great. 
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:23 PM

Bumping this up so others see it.

PhoenixGate
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:19 PM

Thank you for bumping this up.  I'm actually embarrassed there have been no other responses.  I have since found a few book references for Native American culture, but the problem is they are hard to track down through the local library, and I have no funds to actually buy resource books like I want.  The biggest challenge has remained designing the ship I mentioned.  I have found no programs that I can use, and designing it by hand is pretty tedious. 

thomas keesman
Posted: Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:02 AM
Hi - is this still in progress or a dead thread?  I have a number of thoughts on the Native American angle [am one] and a couple on ship design.  If this is still a living inquire, respond here - I'll work up my thoughts in detail.

Jump to different Forum...