RSS Feed Print
Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Dia Duit, Yassou, however you say it!
Christina Ruth
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:05 AM

Just thought I should introduce myself. My name is Christin (short for Christina) and I am from Texas. I have a BA in Art History and will be going for my MA in the fall.

I have been a member of Book Country now for a little while, but it has been such a rewarding experience. I suffer from way too many stories pouring through my head but often lack the willpower to make myself write them down. BC has, just by stint of existing, I think, encouraged me greatly to do so. I have posted a book with a few short stories and the beginning of a novel, the idea for which has been clamoring to escape my skull for years.

My favorite genre to write is a mix of contemporary and high fantasy, which I think is lacking a bit from the bookstore shelves. Think Narnia, Fionavar Tapestry. In terms of reading, I will pretty much read anything fantasy related if it's written well. I adore mythology of any shape an form, especially Arthurian, Celtic and Greek, and like to pull various mythological aspects into my writing. I also enjoy a good cozy mystery, or any mystery that is art related.

I'd love to hear from anyone out there who wants to connect or, having read my work, would like me to read/comment on theirs.

Slainte!

Christina Ruth
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:38 PM

Hey Sam!

Thanks for posting! It's great to meet another author who's still in school. The only part of the MA program I'm about to start that I am not looking forward to is the sudden dearth of time I will have in which to write. Hopefully I will be able to balance things out.
Also, I really do need to do the whole notebook thing. It's amazing how many random slips of ideas I have do just that...slip away. I tend to get ideas from dreams as well, and, unfortunately, one of my best brainstorming times is just as I am falling asleep. If I had a notebook next to my bed...I have tried it before, but I inevitably lose the notebook or am too lazy to write in it. This must change! Maybe what you've said will inspire me.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your "walkabout"--I look forward to reading your work in the future!

C

Jump to different Forum...