RSS Feed Print
Hello from Atlanta!
Kimberly Jones
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 2:00 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Kimberly Jones and I'm a writer of Urban and YA Fantasy as well as Paranormal Romance.  I read a lot, but mainly within those genres (and other romance sub-genres like Historical and some contemporary).

I've been on Book Country for a few weeks now and have done some critiques.  I have to admit that this site is something that is quickly becoming an obsession for me.  This is such a valuable resource and I'd like to thank the geniuses who created it!

As for my writing, I'm posting an Urban YA Fantasy series called The Phantom Chronicles.  Over the years, some of the characters from this series have cropped up in other things I've done, some of those characters have changed and evolved, but I always came back to them.  For whatever reason, it just wasn't right before.  A lot of writers feel that the first books they write really weren't meant for other eyes, no matter how brilliant they thought they were when writing them.  I've become a firm believer of that camp.  This new version is something that I'm really proud of and excited about.  I think I finally got it right this time.  The characters are richer, maybe because I've 'known' them for years.  The world I've built is complex and dangerous and most amazing of all...I think I finally found my Voice!

I'm looking forward to reading more work from other people as well as giving and receiving feedback!

See ya around!

-Kimberly

Jump to different Forum...