RSS Feed Print
So I suppose I should say hello...
NSDorrington
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:34 AM

I'm never great when I join new sites, I tend to hide away in a corner or lurk around for a good few weeks before I start to get stuck in - but I thought I'd change things up a little here.

So, hi, I'm Nicola - I write YA contemporary fantasy mostly, but read almost anything.

(Is it me or does that sound like the introduction at an AA meeting?)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading some great new stuff on here - helping my fellow writers - and hopefully getting some great feedback on my novel.

A little about that....

Well, Edge of Reality isn't my first novel. I've completed three others, but it is the first novel that I think has the potential to be published. It needs a lot more work yet - but I have high hopes for it.

Anyway, I look forward to some good reads, some interesting discussions and some reviews!

Danielle Bowers
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:31 PM

An AA meeting is an apt description.

"Hello, my name is Danielle and my literary drug of choice is YA."

Welcome to Book Country!
NSDorrington
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:10 PM

Hi Danielle. So what kind of YA do you write? How long have you been on this site? Sorry for all the questions but you're the first person I've spoken to on here!
Stevie McCoy
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:50 PM

Writting is a serious addiction.
In the future I am sure my fingers will cry out in pain from their abuse.
"I can't help it", I will tell them.
Hope you enjoy the site
Danielle Bowers
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:13 PM

I have a fantasy YA project that isn't on Book Country, another that is contemporary paranormal about witches in Salem, MA.

Lately I've been working on my first adult romance, but when that is finished it will be right back to the YA series.

How about you?
NSDorrington
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:46 PM

Well, strangely enough when I was a teenager I wrote adult epic fantasy. I still enjoy that genre - but about six years ago I started my first contemporary/paranormal fantasy for YA and haven't looked back.

My first novel is still something I want to revisit one day - but sadly (although I started writing it before Twilight became huge) its something that a lot of people are tired of at the moment i.e. vampires and werewolves.

Edge of Reality is something a little different. I'm really interested in mythology so its playing on that.

Stevie McCoy - I really think I will enjoy the site - it seems pretty cool so far.
Christina Ruth
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:50 AM

Hi, Nicola!

I'm like you and tend to lurk at the edges of things to get the lay of the land before approaching anyone. (This happens to be my very first "approach.") I just read and reviewed your novel and wanted to say hi! I'm a big mythology buff too--Arthur, Greek, Celtic, you name it.

My favorite novels are the ones that mix contemporary and high fantasy--think Narnia or the Fionavar Tapestry. I've written a few short stories but my novel Hand in the Flame is my first longer work to tackle. Book Country has created such a nice and encouraging atmosphere for writing.

Anyway, just wanted to say welcome!

Christina

Jump to different Forum...