RSS Feed Print
A short inspired by a Book Country Discussion... (Yo! Alex H!)
Robert C Roman
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 1:44 PM

Alex Hollingshead asked this question - "Or, contrarily, would you read a story about an elf or a dragon that IS a horror story (at least before it is a fantasy story)?" in her discussion "Fantasy vs. Supernatural".  That's my excuse for the super-short I just posted, "Come with Me".  Let me know what you think, k?

Also, please excuse the typos, I just rattled off the first draft this morning.

LeeAnna Holt
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 4:55 PM

Not bad. It does need a bit of polishing. I won't write a critique on your rough draft, but I will tell you that the language you used is beautiful. I had some problems reading it due to the formating.
Alex Hollingshead
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 6:25 PM

Great first draft. Glad to hear I inspired something, haha. I like the tone and language of the whole piece, overall, and the story itself is simple, but good. It reminds me a bit of Holly Black's "Tithe", though this takes a fair bit darker a turn (to great effect). I'll follow just to see if you revisit it and touch it up.
Robert C Roman
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 9:41 PM

Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it. I just got the executive editor's round of edits on my next Artifice novel, so it will be a while before I get "Come With Me" polished, but since you guys like it, I'll definitely do so!

Jump to different Forum...