RSS Feed Print
Jeez - I have got some work to do!
Yellowcake
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:58 PM

After initially brain dumping the first 10,000 odd words down, I left it for a few weeks. Didn't look at it, read it, or think about it. 

In fact I jumped into a different project altogether. Instead of a dirty/gothic/urban horror for adults, I went back to my Kids story, Tim. It was kind of refreshing to be in a "nice and fun" place rather than having my head stuck in a dark world where serial killers do horrible things and demonic entities are commonplace. I felt like I'd just stepped out of a shower after getting grubby from working on a car or something.

Anyway I digress. As an Art/Creative director type, I thought to myself, Ok how would I view this stuff from a totally critical, asshole of a CD. The way I would asses an add or creative piece of art? (after all thats my job). 

So I started reading though first rough draft of SoulWeaver. Virtual highlighter and post-it notes at the ready. Hmm by the time I get to the second chapter I'm realising that I have a shitload of work to do. The thing is, I'm actually excited to do this. I know that I'm going to have to re-write a bucketload of stuff. Have to research things that I have bugger all knowledge about and throw away 1000's of words, but in the end I think it'll make a better story.

It's a good job that I have 3 hours of commuting on a train each day innit! 

Anyway, no real point to this post. Im just musing. Happy to receive any external input from you guys out there that know how to use grammar and words better than what I does wink.

Cheers

Al

Jump to different Forum...