RSS Feed Print
Why I choose a Romance
Cindy Nord
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:04 PM

The qualities that make a romance shine are the exact same qualities that I enjoy reading.  The study of each character's development, the growth of their unfolding and always evolving love.  The rich intensity that drives our characters forward.  Feelings move the reader to turn the page....and ROMANCE is all about feelings. 
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:21 PM

But what particular romance are you reading now?
Cindy Nord
Posted: Thursday, March 3, 2011 11:54 PM

Currently, I'm rereading an older one, THE OUTSIDER, written by Penelope Williamson. IT'S FABULOUS, and I'd suggest adding it to the Book Country suggested reading pile....if for nothing more than for it's excellent study in characterization. Clearly drawn, both the hero and heroine captured me from the moment of their first appearance.
Jill Myles
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2011 1:58 AM

I'm currently reading DARK CITADEL by Cherise Sinclair, THE SUMMONING by Kelley Armstrong (which is so good I'm reading it a 2nd time within a month) and about to start AFTERTIME by Sophie Littlefield.
Eliza
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2011 12:58 PM

I'm reading CROSSROADS CAFE by Deborah Smith.
FadeIntoFantasy
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2011 1:30 PM
My current read is ANGELOLOGY by Danielle Trussori
Molly Bruce Barton
Posted: Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:15 PM

How are you liking Angelology? I only read the beginning of it.
Elaine Golden
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:16 AM

I'm reading TEMPT THE DEVIL by Anna Campbell.
Urooj Humayun
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:08 AM

Reading Romance is what the world wants and if you see the movie industry also depends on it! Love is a unique emotion!
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 10:28 AM

What romance novels has everybody read recently? Share recommendations!
Nicki Hill
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2012 9:06 PM

I read primarily gay romance - the exotic aspect of a traditionally "forbidden" romantic affair appeals to me much more than the more "vanilla" straight romantic relationship.  Recently I've been reading a run of gay romance books that was released as a special call by Running Press a few years back.  I wasn't sure how I'd feel about them at first, because they're also historical/regency romance, and generally I prefer contemporary, but they've been rather a pleasant surprise.  My favorite of the 2.25 that I've read so far was Lovers' Knot by Don Hardy - full of mystery and suspense, and the two MMCs dancing around one another thinking that the other isn't interested.  I also recently finished a YA gay romance that was ridiculously enjoyable (I had finished-book angst when I was done with it), called Don't Let Me Go by J.H. Trumble.

Other gay romances that I've highly enjoyed and would recommend are Life, Over Easy by K.A. Mitchell and The Salisbury Key and Last Line by Harper Fox (I am eagerly awaiting the next installment in the Last Line series, which, rumor has it, is supposed to end up being a trilogy).

Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:14 PM

These all sound great, Nicki. Thank you!

Jump to different Forum...