RSS Feed Print
Perhaps I should say Hi !!
Gilly H
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:37 PM

Well, I think perhaps I should introduce myself and point me in the right direction. I thought I'd ticked the right boxes, filled in the right bits, done three reviews and posted my book .... and then nothing happens. Zilch.

No one reads me. Does everyone hate me? Or can no one seem my book? Or have I done something very wrong here?

Anyway, Hi I'm Gill, I write crime (among other things) and i'd like someone to shove me in the right direction please!

LisaMarie
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:14 AM

Gilly, I can see your book just fine. I think it takes time for it to show up on the genre map and other places, tho.

I'm not familiar with crime novels (romance writer here!), but I'll give it a look-see.
Gilly H
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 9:24 PM

Hey, thanks a lot. Perhaps once I find my way around things will become clearer!
SusanElizabeth
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:26 PM

Gilly - I've been having the same problem. It seems there is a bit of a catch-22 because in order for a book to show up on the home page it needs to have gotten reviews, but in order for people to know about and review a book it needs to be on the home page. I believe I read somewhere, though, that there is a New Upload section that rotates through a couple books every couple of weeks. Anyways, I'll give your book a read this weekend! I'm a mystery-lover too! Tried to make my way through all of the Agatha Christie's last summer, but they all started to blend together so I had to take a break.

Jump to different Forum...