RSS Feed Print
Just wanted to say Hi!
Ruled By Books
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:07 AM

Hey, everyone....

A friend of mine recently turned me on to Book Country, so I signed up, did a few read & reviews, and took the plunge to post the first few chapters of a book I've been working on for about a year.

I've been writing on and off for about 20 years and even got one of my degrees in creative writing....though I don't use it as I should.  Most of my writing tends to be technical writing (gasp) for my job....so I will often stay away from my laptop when not working....which is hurting my ability to complete this novel.

I'm babbling.  

Anywhosal, my book is a thriller/horror book about one man surviving a zombie apocalypse/plague event.  It is told in journal format (dated entries) and is available right here on Book Country.  I posted the first 23,000 words or so, and I'm hoping to get some constructive feedback (please be kind...this is a very rough draft that has seen no edits other than running a spell check).

This looks like it's going to be a fun place to check out other authors and read some interesting pieces.  The whole vibe reminds me of the workshops I did in my classes in college, so I'm ready to dig in.

Thanks,

Jaime

LM Stull
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:05 PM

*waves* HI there! Just signed up today as well. You book sounds very interesting! I will most definitely be checking it out! Welcome to Book Country!

Jump to different Forum...