RSS Feed Print
Children's Fantasy
Craig Bouchard
Posted: Sunday, January 1, 2012 1:19 PM

Since kids can't participate on the site, I'm guessing many people here would skip my book.

This past year, I wrote a children's adventure for my three daughters. It touches on many of the things I'd like them prepared for before they hit the teenage years (horrors!). So, in a way its a book for dad's and daughters. If anyone could take a look, I would appreciate knowing your view on how to make it better. Happy to read yours as well.   "The Adventures of Ai". 

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:20 AM

I intend on writing some kid's books at different levels as well! I've marked your book, will read as soon as I get a chance!

Alexander Hollins
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:21 AM

well, i was going to mark your book to read, but it doesn't appear to be uploaded!

Mimi Speike
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:48 PM

I will read your book in the next few days. I also write fantasy for children, in verse. I haven't posted it on book country because I feel that this is not the site for it. The fantasy that I have posted is for grown-up children.

Craig Bouchard
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:50 PM

I'd love to see your comments. Mine is really targeted to young girls 8-12 and their tiger parents  This site isn't really for childrens books but I wanted to give it a try. I published one book a couple of years ago But this was my first try at this. I wrote the book for my 3 daughters. I got lucky last week. A pretty good literary agent accepted it. So, I want to make it better. 
Tim Gordon
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:20 PM

I commented on your book. Since a literary agency already accepted it, you probably know more about this than I do, but hopefully my comments are at least somewhat helpful.

I also agree that there should be a little more younger stuff on here. Young adult books are all the rage, which are allowed, but I think middle grade books are almost as popular. Or maybe I just hang out with too many people who read middle grade stuff. Maybe that's why I'm not getting as many reviewers as I'd like.

Jump to different Forum...