RSS Feed Print
San Francisco Writers Conference 2015
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 12:48 PM

I'll be representing Book Country at the San Francisco Writers Conference 2015. BC member Andrea Dunlop will be there as well.

Here's my event schedule--let me know if you'll be at the SFWC as well!

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 12th

3:00 – 4:30 p.m.

Barclay, 2

Pitchathon: Getting Feedback on Your Children’s, Middle Grade, or Young Adult Pitch 

Gennifer Choldenko, Kate Chynoweth, Eric Elfman, Lucy Silag, Hallie Warshaw. Moderator: Regina Brooks

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13th

3:45-4:30 p.m

Stanford, M

ASSEMBLING THE BUILDING BLOCKS FOR SUCCESS: How Social Media, and Free Online Workshops and Resources Can Build Your Writing Community

Andrea Dunlop, Lucy Silag. Moderator: tc

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14th

3:00-3:45 p.m.

Barclay, 2

YOUNG ADULT FIRST PAGE CRITIQUES: Get Feedback on Your Work 

Kate Chynoweth, Alexandra Cooper, Eric Elfman, Lucy Silag, Hallie Warshaw. Moderator: Carlie Webber

5:00-6:30 p.m.

Peacock Court, L

ASK THE PROS: A Pitch-and-Ask Session with Editors and Publishing Professionals 

Charles Adams, Domenica Alioto, Nina Amir, Jim Azevedo, Catharine Bramkamp, Frances Caballo, Alexandra Cooper,Brenda Copeland, Andrea Dunlop, Grant Faulkner, Mercedes Fernandez, Lee Foster, Cynthia Frank, Joel Friedlander, Benjamin Hyman, Anne Hill, Sam Horn, Georgia Hughes, Sascha Illyvich, Carla King, Brenda Knight, Linda Lee, Lisa O’Hara, Dan Poynter, Rachel Randall, Lisa Marie Rice, Penny Sansevieri, Lucy Silag, Lauren Spiegel, Rusty Shelton, Kevin Smokler, Liz Stein, Brenda Van Camp, Hallie Warshaw, Brooke Warner, Terry Whalin

Ask the Pros is divided into four 18-minute sessions. Pros will be seated at tables with their names in alphabetical order. Nine attendees at a time can go to tables they wish and take turns pitching a book or asking questions for two minutes. After you speak, we suggest you move on to the next pro you want to speak to. After 18 minutes, a bell will ring, indicating it’s time to change tables. You may not be able to meet with everyone you wish, so feel free to talk to them during the conference when they’re wearing badges. 

--edited by Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager on 1/12/2015, 1:31 PM--

Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 12:52 PM

Here's the flyer for the conference, too. If you can be in the Bay Area over President's Day weekend, it's going to be a great event for writers!
JanPeac
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:07 PM

I'm going!  Will another other Book Country peeps be there?  I could use a friend to sit next to at lunch so I don't feel like too much of a social outcast.  tongueout
Posted: Monday, February 9, 2015 3:18 PM

Janice--so awesome! Please come over and say hi during the conference. I'd love to have a lunch buddy as well!
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 2:58 PM

It was so great to meet Janice at SFWC this month!

If you also attended the conference, chime in below so that folks can find you. I know we've got a lot of new members from SFWC and I want us all to be able to connect on Book Country as well.