RSS Feed Print
Have a new Women's Fiction project to workshop on Book Country? Need readers? Start HERE.
Nevena Georgieva
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 12:31 PM

Welcome to Book Country, women's fiction writers!  

Since most of you are probably new here, I wanted to give you a place where you could break the ice and have a conversation about your newly-uploaded manuscripts. Do you need feedback on your book? Talk about it here!    

Nevena 

Book Country Coordinator

Brandi Larsen
Posted: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 2:37 PM

Here are a couple of manuscripts that are currently on Book Country:

JJKendrick's Chance Inheritance. About the book: Life is a gamble. The key to true happiness is in making peace with whatever side of the bet you land on.

Own It by Jenny Castan. OWN IT follows Angela in her search for normalcy after a violent rape. Her obsession with her rapist leads her down a path of destruction, losing her sanity as she fights for control of her life again.

Alexandra Joy's The Secret of Woman's Power. From her about the book: This book is much more than an inspirational and amusing romantic novel about a woman learning ancient wisdom from her aunt in the south of France. The book opens a secret how any woman can become successful in her career and attractive to men.

--edited by Brandi Larsen on 10/16/2013, 2:38 PM--

Purpleprose
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:31 PM

Would love to have feedback on my book 'Catch up'.   Just joined having been on Authonomy which has just closed down....
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:36 PM

Hi @purpleprose! Welcome, and thanks for posting about your book. Thanks for the connection request as well!
Kelly Moore
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2016 10:19 AM

Hello!  How do we know it's safe to upload our manuscript when it hasn't been copyrighted?

--edited by Kelly Moore on 4/9/2016, 10:19 AM--

Kelly Moore
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2016 12:03 PM

Is this a place where I can have my query letter for my women's fiction manuscript critiqued?  I have pasted it below:

When Emily discovers her husband’s secret love nest, filled with the furnishings she has carefully stored away for their future vacation home, her marriage crumbles.  And on the heels of their divorce, due to an unexpected night of passion during their estrangement, she finds herself expecting her first child - the child she has always longed for.  She finds the chance to redirect her path from that of a woman who is tossed aside and struggling against bitterness, to a woman with new hope - and fresh new purpose for her life.  

Emily faces still more heartache when her ex-husband shows no interest in the child that she carries; but marries his new lover instead – announcing that she, too, is expecting.  But with each new struggle that comes to her, Emily finds new strength as well.  And the tables are turned when his new bride gives birth to a child who was fathered by someone else.

AS IT SHOULD BE is a women’s fiction manuscript complete at 81,000 words.  It is a tale of transition: from a seemingly secure marriage, to the awkwardness and uncertainties of singledom; from a life without the joys and responsibilities of children, to the wonders and challenges of pregnancy and motherhood; from the familiar comforts of home, to the possibilities of life in a bright new place - where new love comes knocking at her door.

If you are interested, I would love to send my completed manuscript for your review.  Thank you sincerely for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly Moore

--edited by Kelly Moore on 4/9/2016, 12:04 PM--