RSS Feed Print
Have a new romance project to workshop on Book Country? Need readers? Share here!
Colleen Lindsay
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 12:23 PM

Hi guys!

I notice that a lot of y'all are fairly new here (welcome!) and some of you are having an attack of shyness when it comes to asking for reads for your newly-posted manuscript. So to help alleviate that, I'm creating this thread.

Got a new project you want eyeballs on? Tell us about it here!

Good luck!

Colleen
Community Manager
Angela DiJoseph
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:11 PM

Thanks for that invitation, Coleen. I have just posted a book, Moon Shine and am anxious to hear comments on it. I am not sure it is in the right genre, it is about a young woman raising her two small children alone in the dirty Thirties. When their lives take an unexpected change of direction, they need help to navigate the waters and she turns to the new doctor in town for that help. But is is also about managing during one of the toughest economic times of our history. Let's hear what people have to say.
Angela DiJoseph
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Sunday, April 1, 2012 5:45 AM

Hi all! I posted the first chapter of a new book of my own, "The Conference House." While there is romance down the road, my main focus is on the historical aspect. I hope you all enjoy it.

PS: And if I'm promoting my own works, I have another romance called "The Wedding Game" on the site as well. It's more romance than the new book and is a bit further along.
Angela Homister
Posted: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:20 PM

Thank you for posting this Colleen. 
If anybody is looking for something to read I have a couple of chapter of my current WIP 'Only Time' up and I would love some direction on it. I am actually working on editing the first few chapters right now and would love to have some more insight. 
Monday
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2012 2:02 PM

Hi, I just posted the first part of a new m/m story.  I wrote it awhile ago, stopped writing entirely, and then came back to it with this project.

It's m/m erotic romance about two young guys (early 20s) one in an MFA program and one who is currently a professional something (but to say what would spoil it so I'm keeping mum).  MFA man, Henry, watches professional James go to and from the apartment complex into a car with a driver and back and makes up wild stories about what this guy does.  

Henry is sure that if he could get to know this guy, they would hit it off, but how will he get to know him if the only place they ever meet is the elevator?
Nicki Hill
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:49 PM

Hi, all!  I just joined a few days ago, and I am super excited to read more people's stuff and get my own stuff out there.  It's been such a long time since I've stretched the creative writing muscles (about 7 years...awful) and I'm really gunning to get some stuff put together.  I would love to get some reviews on my WIP, Strain, which is a M/M erotic romance - check out my profile for the full teaser and the first chapter!

Daniel Q Steele
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2012 12:02 AM

Hi - I also joined a few days ago and have the first long chapter of a novel posted that I'd love to have members take a look at. I'm a male writer, the novel is from a male perspective, and it looks like an anti-romance at the beginning becuase it starts as the story of the end of a romance and the death of a marriage. "When We Were Married - volume One - The Long Fall" is available for viewing and I really would like to get a female response, bearing in mind that this is only the beginning of a long story that will continue the relationship between the two main characters. Bad or good, I'd love feedback.

Christina Winters
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2012 10:00 AM
I'm new on here and am very eager to become an active member.  I have a story in it's early stages of revision.  I'd really like some feedback.  Please keep in mind this isn't a finished product, instead it is a work in progress.  I expect it will take many revisions to make it shine.  I look forward to hearing feedback, and getting to read everyone's work!
Best,
Christina Winters
Sinnie Ellis
Posted: Friday, June 8, 2012 12:36 AM

I've got several up but I will take a gander at your work I need something new to read.

Overdunne
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:55 PM

Would love to trade read and review sessions. I'm open to just about anything. I have posted chapters of two stories- one is a historical fiction (Treasure in the Flame) and one is a contemporary fantasy (SKIN). Both are technically YA and are finished works. Even after professional editing I'm still finding little issues....

I also am working on an adult contemporary manuscript, but not sure where it would fit on the genre map yet, if at all. It's more of a drama. I may post some of it in a few days if I can figure out where to put it. Feel free to say hello and I'd be happy to swap reads!

Christina Winters
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:30 PM
Overdunne, 
Thank you so much for the review!  Greatly appreciated and I'll return the favor in the next week.
Best,
C.W.
Annah Johnson
Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2012 2:17 AM

Hi, everyone. I joined a few days ago, and just got the first chapter of my WIP (Slayer) posted. If anyone is interested, I would love the feed back. Thanks!
Caitlin Bronaugh
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 9:44 PM

Colleen thanks! I just signed up this evening and have already posted 4 chapters of a book I'm working on. I have no idea how this site works and how to get people to see my book. I'd love if anyone who wants to read it would do so and comment on it. I love feedback and need to hear as much of it as possible. My book is called Master May I and its a modern adaptation of Beauty and the Beast.

Alexandria Brim
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:43 AM

Hmm, I do enjoy Beauty and the Beast. I shall give it a peek when I get a chance.
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2012 12:19 AM

@Caitlin: I peeked at your story. I am not sure if there was an error in formatting when you uploaded the story, but it mostly appears as a giant block of text. You may want to rectify this because as it is, it makes it very difficult to read.
Christina in AZ
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:34 PM

I would be more than happy to swap reads.  I'm just getting the feel of this site.  I'd love to hear comments on my book "Modern Adventures in Sherwood Forest".
Thanks!
Christina
AmberABardan
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:53 PM

Hi everyone,

I have just joined and uploaded the first 7 chapters of my completed ms Haithem. I am super eager for some readers and criticism. This is my first attempt as writing and it is not yet been professionally proofread, but will be done shortly. I am also happy to read-and review anyone who wants to send me a recommendation.  

Amber

NoellePierce
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:46 PM

I've got the first chapter of a contemporary erotic romance posted (Rain Over Me), if anyone can take a look. I return reads and reviews, and I'm fair, but honest. 
Alexandria Brim
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 4:25 AM

Since the first draft of "The Wedding Game" is complete, I'm now posting the revised chapters. So I guess it's "new"?
SL Brown
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 1:07 PM

I've got a few chapters of my Paranormal Romance "Catz" up. I'd love to hear some feedback. It's about a damaged mans failures at dating while the world is being over run by aliens who have decided cats are the superior race on Earth. Kind of silly, kind of funny, kind of dark and way sexy. 
Paulo Barata
Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:55 PM

Hi everyone. 
I've just joined and loaded the initial chapters of a Historical Fiction book (there doesn't seem to be many on this site!) and I would appreciate any and all comments, especially in regards to language and flow, as I'm not a native english-speaker.
The book is called "The Seculary of a Wandering Jew - Envy", based on a legend of Medieval Christian lore.
(BTW, "seculary" is an invented word, not a mistake

Jay Greenstein
Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 12:06 AM
The book isn't yet visible to members. You have to critique a few of your own before that happens.

Paulo Barata
Posted: Friday, November 2, 2012 8:30 AM

You are quite right. I had forgotten to post the book.
Thks !
Lynn Montagano
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:01 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm fairly new to the site and would LOVE to have some of you (or all of you) read what I've posted so far. My book is called "Catch My Breath." It's a sassy, saucy romance that's been sitting in my laptop for almost two years.

I've posted the first few chapters, so any suggestions, feedback, compliments or criticisms are welcome!

Thanks! =)
Lynn 
Elegance and Grace
Posted: Saturday, February 2, 2013 5:40 PM

Hello,

I've been a member of this sit for quite some time now and received little to no response on my romance novel. I would greatly appreciate any feed back on  "The Songs of Angels" '
It was written may years ago as a bit of fun but I have updated and done considerable editing to it. I am contemplating submitting it for publication. It is a complete work though I have only posted the first few chapters in hopes of getting some reviews, opinions, feed back and constructive criticism as to whether I should attempt to publish or not. 

Thanks in advance!
E&G
Meghan
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:30 AM

Thank you for this opportunity. I have just uploaded my book, the Other C-Word for review. It is a humorous, slightly erotic contemporary romance.  I am a new member and look forward to any feedback. I have to admit I'm chock full of trepidation, but I am anxious too. It's like someone judging your child!

TPNiedermann
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 3:52 PM

I have just posted several chapters of A Purer Evil. The main character is a young Episcopal priest, Arthur Lehman, who comes to a small parish in rural Ohio to recover from the deaths of his wife and unborn child in an accident. He has lost the lust for life. His only real companion is his dog. One day, walking his dog, something attacks him. He is afraid he has contracted rabies. he has not. Over the next few months he experiences changes in himself. His passions return, but there is more. He has urges, he hungers. And during the full moon, he hunts. At the same time a local girl is murdered while at college.  Another body shows up. Lehmann stumbles on a predatory tutor who is obsessed with cheerleaders. And slowly things come together and Lehmann is forced to confront what he has become--a monster. Further volumes will follow Lehmann as he meets more of his kind and battles for his humanity--against himself.
Kathleen Shaputis
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:26 AM

Thank you, Colleen, for the opportunity to share. I posted chapters of my paranormal romantic comedy with the working title Baillie's Castle.

This Ghost and Mrs. Muir tale in the 21st century flips the game table with a fifty-something protagonist and a ghostly twenty-seven-year-old hunk of a lord. Murder and mayhem create the perfect storm, leading Baillie, American heiress of a refurbished castle in Scotland, to ask her friend, Gillian, and his posse of girls for help. 

SMBowles
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 8:08 AM

I posted the second chapter for my new book Sanctity last night.  I have only had one read so far.  It is a bit of a genre fiction that I wrote for my 13 yo daughter (a little romance a little fantasy, nothing graphic).  It is also available for a free download on Amazon Monday, March 25th.  Please consider giving it a read or referring it to someone who might enjoy this type of fiction: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTQKD9C
KellyM
Posted: Thursday, May 2, 2013 1:30 PM

Hi everyone! I just posted three chapters of my first book here. It's a NA contemporary romance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and reciprocated!
Thank you!
Kelly

JCMcDowell
Posted: Saturday, May 4, 2013 3:50 PM

Hey y'all!
I just uploaded the first four chapters of Watching Fireflies. It's a contemporary romance with a lot of sexiness ... and a cowboy.
Any feedback would be awesome.
Thanks again, y'all!
- JC McDowell
Alexandra Hartley
Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 10:27 AM

My historical fiction story, The House of Lattimore, only has one chapter posted on here. However, I have several chapters written. I only want some constructive feedback on the chapter until I update the others!

TE Hauxwell
Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:05 PM

I've recently uploaded my historical romance in progress, Busy My Heart. It's set in England during the final days of the First World War and revolves around the developing relationship between a wounded soldier and a young archaeologist.

NoellePierce
Posted: Thursday, May 9, 2013 7:37 PM

Hey, y'all. I was recently at a conference and an agent asked for my Regency novel...which isn't even finished in draft status yet. Yes, the agent knows it's not finished. 

I've posted the first three chapters here, which are fairly edited. I'll post more as I revise the early half--I figured it might be faster to get it workshopped here, as I go, than try to finish it first and wait for my CPs to have at it. I'd like to have at least a first draft finished by RWA (July 17th ish). 

I will reciprocate any reviews/comments, though it might take me a while. 

x♥x
Michael R Hagan
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:08 PM

I'm just dropping in to this Romance thread to say, if anyone hasn't seen 'A New Day at Midnight' yet, check it out.
I'm the least romantic person you'll ever have the misfortune of meeting, and I even I thought it was bloody marvellous.
I've learnt how to blush like a teenager all over again too.
Serena Louise
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:28 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new here and just posted my Romantic suspense novel up on here. It would be great to get started with some reviews/reads! 
My novel is called Madeline A young girl who is desperate to escape her abusive boyfriend and to fall into the arms of her employer :]
Rachel Anne Marks
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:37 PM

Hey guys! I'm not exactly new here but I did post a new piece (in full): WINTER ROSE  http://www.bookcountry.com/Bookdetail.aspx?BookId=4544

I'd love to hear what you think

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:27 AM

Hi Stacy! Thanks for the alert about the new version of A Dragon's Bond. I'm going to check it out for my next round of reviews!

Lucy Silag

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

Lucy Silag
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 10:01 AM

@Rachel Anne--I am also going to check out "Winter Rose." Looking forward to it!
Sephira
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 7:32 AM
Just posted my book In Plain Sight and would love to get feedback. Thanks!!
Ellise Weaver
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:05 PM

Hi there!  I'm still trying to get this right.  It looks like people on this Romance thread are trying to get some support, reviews, etc., here for their books.  I'd like to try that as well.  Would love it if you could take a look, if you have the time:  The Governess

Thanks! 
~Ellise

--edited by Ellise Weaver on 2/19/2014, 3:06 PM--

Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:31 PM

Hi Elisse- You are doing awesome! Thanks for posting about THE GOVERNESS!

Lucy

William Byers
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:25 AM

Hello, please find the time to review the first five chapter of Fishing for Hope.  Thank you.

You can find it under New Adult by: William Byers

William Byers
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:25 AM

Hello, please find the time to review the first five chapter of Fishing for Hope.  Thank you.

You can find it under Romance by: William Byers

--edited by William Byers on 2/27/2014, 10:34 AM--

Gene J. Parola
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:06 PM

Aloha, Christina--

I'd be happy to take a look at your book.  Please tell me how to download it.  You may check me out by going to the Author's list.

Gene J. Parola

Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 3:42 PM

Hi Gene--just wanted to check in with you because I saw your nice note about reading another member's book. I am not sure who Christina is though . . . did a comment perhaps get deleted?

Books in the Book Country workshop need to be read online rather than downloaded. (Here's why.)

Please let me know if you have other questions about reading, reviewing, or posting your own work to the site!

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:13 PM

Hi everyone! New Here!

I have a book that I am having a hard time classifying and I am looking for reviews. It's called Where Demons Hide and I have it listed as Romantic Suspense. Without giving away too much here, it is a personal journey of a woman whose childhood demons revisit after she breaks up with THE ONE. There is mention of childhood abuse. It is not a complete story, still working on it. I posted 8 chapters for review. 

Please take a look and tell me what you think. Thanks.

Oh, and connect with me if you like. 

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:58 AM

Hello once more.

I have updated Where Demons Hide and would like to get some reviews. Please take a look and let me know if chapter one is better. Most of the changes happened in the first chapter. I think it flows a little better and gives more information where necessary. IDK. WIP Ya know.

Thanks in advance!

Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:55 PM

I just uploaded a new draft to Book Country and would love some opinions. Keep in mind it's an early draft, though. There's spelling errors, grammar errors, AND I need help fleshing out the characters. I THINK I'm on to something, but I NEED to know I'm right with my thinking.
Amanda Kimberley
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 10:56 PM

Thanks Colleen for this thread! You are awesome!