RSS Feed Print
Steampunk Authors
Matthew Sylvester
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:47 PM

Hello all,

I was wondering if there were any fellow steampunk authors out there? I've put up the first three chapters of my book, Shattered Lands: Torquemaster Rising and would love to hook up with like-minded authors.

cameronchapman
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2011 9:10 PM

Nothing up here at the moment, but I've got a steampunk novella series in the works (The Steam and Steel Chronicles, first two ebooks are out for Kindle, Nook, etc.). I love the genre, but it's not the only thing I write.
Elaine Turner
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 7:04 PM

Steampunk right here! I would love to read your posts! I finished my first Steampunk novel last summer, and will complete my 2nd hopefully in June.
I also like Fantasy and have a project on hold in that genre. Admittedly Steampunk is my first love.
Robert C Roman
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:37 PM

I've got two published SteamPunk stories, both novellas. I've four to five novel-length books planned in the same (Iron Angel) series.

So, um... Yeah.
Alex Hollingshead
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:11 PM

It's not the dominant genre, but some of the technology featured has some heavy steampunk/dieselpunk influences, for sure.
J Boone Dryden
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2011 12:40 AM

I have one YA Steampunk novel I wrote last year (and have not really delved into major edits on). I also have a short piece published on 365Tomorrows.com. I love the genre and all it has to offer. If I get a bit of interest, I might post a bit of the novel up here. Feel free to follow or message me if you'd like to offer some thoughts.
Joe Selby
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:08 PM

I came to steampunk a decade ago when its definition wasn't so rigid (when Clockwork was lumped in with steampunk rather than being its own sub-subgenre). As such, I call my stories pre-steampunk, as they no longer fit in the steampunk prescription. I'm writing a trilogy in a fantasy setting at the start of an industrial revolution that ushers in steam technology, so I get to salt the setting with interesting gadgets without necessarily having zeppelins or airplanes (and it's not set in an alternate earth).
KimFlowers
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:50 PM

Hi, I have just joined this site.  I have a steampunk series published through QueerTeen Press.  So far there are two short stories published, one forthcoming, and I'm working on the fourth.  For now they're e-books but after they've all been released we plan to make them into a paperback!  The first short is called "Amelia's Revolution" and the second "Two-Spirit's Red Road."  I'm still trying to think of a series title to tie them all together for the paperback.

I also write dystopia and contemporary.  I hope this is a great place to meet other writers!

Lucy Silag
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:50 AM

Hi Kim!

Thanks for posting--super excited to have you here and to get to learn more about your work.

Welcome to the site! I am about to send you a connection request, and then I can PM you with some helpful links that you can use as you get oriented.

We are going to be talking A LOT about dystopias here on the site in November, since we are all excited for the release of CATCHING FIRE.

Keep in touch!

Lucy

Book Country Community and Engagement Manager