RSS Feed Print
jennyharrison
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2016 6:37 PM

Hello, I am also new here.  I just discovered Book Country tonight and joined.   I've searched but couldn't easily find how royalties are paid to authors who publish through Book Country.  Also, I'm in Canada so am wondering if that will cause any issues.  I am working on a devotional manuscript and have been trying to figure out the best way to publish it. I would love to hold a book in my hand but at the same time, it's pricier and more responsibility to have a hard copy book.  I will figure it out one of these days!
Douglas Lutz
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2016 6:20 AM

Hi Jenny, 

Welcome to Book Country! The site used to have a very hands-on moderator who would answer your questions directly but alas, due to budget issues (my opinion) this source seems to have fallen away. Author earnings are paid quarterly. For more detailed information, look at the top right for the "publish" drop down menu, and then select "Author Earnings Report." 

And while we do not have a PRH staffer present on this site, I believe someone still monitors the emails sent through the "Contact Us" function, found under the "Learn" drop down menu. It wouldn't hurt to ask about the Canada-issue. I don't think it would be a problem, but I'm not a qualified source of information on this one.

As for publishing, BC is an eBook venue only. However, you can always use another service, i.e. Createspace or Lulu, to produce a hard copy book. This would involve separate ISBMs and such, but outside of traditional publishing, it is what we have.

Sending you my best for your writing - 

Doug

Jump to different Forum...