RSS Feed Print
uploading work
JFSurvivor
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2015 7:32 PM

So I have a few questions about uploading work here. Is this strictly a publishing site or can I post in-progress work and get feedback while still keeping the rights to my book? If I can post IP works where would I do that?
Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2015 7:54 PM

Hi, JF. Welcome to the community!

Book Country is a workshopping site, where you receive feedback on your WIPs and make new writer friends. You possess all rights to your manuscripts, no matter what. We do not publish your writing. There is a self-publisher's package you can use, but for the most part, the purpose of the site is to get feedback from your fellow writers and readers.

I'm not certain what IP means, so I can't answer that question.

Amber

JFSurvivor
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2015 11:36 AM

Amber J. Wolfe wrote:

Hi, JF. Welcome to the community!

Book Country is a workshopping site, where you receive feedback on your WIPs and make new writer friends. You possess all rights to your manuscripts, no matter what. We do not publish your writing. There is a self-publisher's package you can use, but for the most part, the purpose of the site is to get feedback from your fellow writers and readers.

I'm not certain what IP means, so I can't answer that question.

Amber

Oh! forgive my shorthand. IP means in progress.

Amber J. Wolfe
Posted: Sunday, October 4, 2015 2:58 PM

Oh, that makes sense XD

Most definitely, you can post in-progress works. The goal is to get feedback on your writing from your peers, to see whether you're going in the right direction and what you still have to work on.

We're a community of writers seeking to help each other. That said, you probably shouldn't upload a first draft, unless it's fairly polished even then or you're looking for feedback on the plot rather than the style.

Hope that helps!

Amber

--edited by Amber J. Wolfe on 10/4/2015, 3:00 PM--

Jump to different Forum...