RSS Feed Print
Book Deal! Coming to B&N Shelves in May!
Audrey Greathouse
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2015 12:47 AM

I meant to post this sooner, but I've been kind of flailing with excitement. My YA fantasy The Neverland Wars

sold and I am SO happy, I'm practically bouncing off the walls. The most recent draft is up on Book Country now, and I'm actually kind of hoping that I can still get some more people to read it so that I can have beta readers post reviews and help generate buzz when release day happens next May. I am so tremendously grateful to the Book Country community....I couldn't have done this without you! I've been working on a blurb with the publisher...this is what we've got so far: p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }

Magic can do a lot: give you flight, show you mermaids, help you eat a star, and...solve the budget crisis? That's what grownups will do with it, if they ever make it to Neverland to steal its magic and bring their children home.

But Gwen doesn't know this. She's just a sixteen-year-old girl with a place on the school speech team and a powerful crush on Jay, the soon-to-be homecoming king. She doesn't know her little sister could actually runaway with Peter Pan, or that she might have to chase after to bring her home safe. Gwen will find out though—and when she does, she'll discover she's in the middle of a looming war between Neverland and reality.

She'll be out of place as a teenager in Neverland, but she won't be the only one. Peter Pan's constant treks back to the mainland have slowly aged him into adolescence as well. Soon Gwen will have to decide whether she's going to join impish, playful Peter in his fight for eternal youth or scramble back to reality in time for homecoming.

Daniel Roland Banks
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2015 5:26 PM

Fantastic news! Who is the publisher? Did you land an agent, query directly to the publisher or get spotted here on BC?
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2015 6:05 PM

Yay, Audrey! So excited for you! You have to keep me posted on the pub date and everything else as it is all coming together.

If other haven't checked out Audrey's blog post from a couple weeks ago, be sure and read!

Jump to different Forum...