RSS Feed Print
Finalist in RWA Contest
Jayden Abello
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:21 AM

Back in January I entered the Cleveland Rocks Romance contest through Northeast Ohio RWA, mainly because every entry gets feedback from the initial round of judges, and who doesn't like feedback? It's why we're on Book Country, right?

I found out last week that Breaking the Band is a finalist in the contest, which means that it will be read by a panel of agents and editors. SO EXCITED! I had always planned to self-publish this book because romance seems to sell well independently of agents/publishers. I had truly just entered because I thought the feedback would be useful. I'm amazed and thrilled that now I could end up with so much more happy

Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:22 AM

Jayden, this is fabulous news!! So many congrats to you!

Is the version up on Book Country the latest version?

Janet Umenta, Book Country Assistant
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:24 AM

Congratulations!! I loved reading BREAKING THE BAND. I can't wait to see what the future holds.
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 3:18 PM

That's awesome news, Jayden

I started reading Breaking the Band a couple months ago but haven't been able to review yet. It's definitely on my list, though.

Good luck in the finals!

Amber

Jayden Abello
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 7:38 PM

Hi, Lucy – thanks!

I think the most recent version is up, but I'm always finessing and making tweaks. It's a sickness ;P 

I do need to put the rest of the book online. It's finished, but I've just never loaded the full thing.

Jayden Abello
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 7:39 PM

Thanks, Janet and Amber! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying reading it. I've definitely had fun writing it!

Jump to different Forum...