RSS Feed Print
The Muse and the Marketplace, Boston, MA May 1-3, 2015
Lucy Silag - Book Country Director
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:50 AM

Hello Bostonians and fellow Northeasterners!

Anybody else headed to the Muse and the Marketplace 2015 conference? Book Country will be there.

Raise your hand high if you will be too, and watch this thread--I'll update with the schedule details for our time at the Muse very soon!

Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 1:53 PM

Here are the details for where you can find Book Country at the Muse and the Marketplace Conference in Boston!

Friday, May 1

3:45pm

"Treat Your Book Like a Start-Up: Use Online Feedback to Successfully Write and Publish Your Book" with myself and writer/GrubStreet writing instructor Stace Budzko

Here's the description for our session:

Online writing communities like Wattpad, Critique Circle, and Penguin Random House’s Book Country are an opportunity for writers for all over the world to start building a platform and connect directly to publishers and readers—even as they are still working on a manuscript. These online communities offer benefits that “real life” writing communities or classes do not. A Grub Street instructor tried out Book Country for a month, and will share the experience using the Book Country website, offering advice for all. Lucy Silag, Book Country Director, will share publishing success stories, as well as offer tips for approaching online writing communities for writers working toward finding an agent or publishing deal.

You'll also be able to find me at our table in the exhibitor's space, and around the conference in general, since I will be there all weekend. Reply in the thread below if you'll be there and you'd like to meet up!

KrisLib
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:36 AM

I'll be there for the day en route to my sister's bridal shower. I just signed up for your panel and am looking forward to saying hello in person!
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:56 AM

Hi Kristina--that's fantastic! See you there!

Jump to different Forum...