RSS Feed Print
Rest in Peace Good Friend
Zach Heher
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 5:16 PM
Today is a sad day for me and a lot of people in my hometown of Norwood. Today I learned that my friend, Joshua Lord, who has had a three year battle with leukemia, has died. I knew Josh back in high school band class and while we weren't close but we were still friends one way or another. He was one of the kindest and smartest person you'll ever meet in your life. 

I did these small remembrances with some well known celebrities in the past on sites such as AuthorStand. I never knew them in life, but I respected them through their roles and what they have done for humanity. This one is different. This is someone I knew. This is someone I saw and chatted with in class. He didn't deserve to suffer from some disease. No one does.

My father said that we should remember the happiness when they lived instead of grieving when they pasted. So wherever you are now Josh, I hope you found happiness. Rest in peace brother.
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 6:19 PM

Zach, what a nice tribute to your friend. I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
D J Lutz
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 7:18 PM
Well said. It does help to remember the good times. Still, allow yourself and others the time needed to express the myriad of emotions that normally occur. And remember, it's normal to grieve, even if just a bit because the friendship was only in passing or perhaps a long time ago. Thank you for being open, honest, and comfortable enough here to post this news. May Joshua rest in peace.
Amber Wolfe
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 8:42 PM
I agree with D J and Lucy. May your friend rest in peace. And I'll be praying for you to heal emotionally, as well.

Jump to different Forum...