RSS Feed Print
Writing Resolutions for 2015?
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Anybody planning something writing-related for a New Year's Resolution this year? Share your ideas!
Carl E. Reed
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Keep writing.
Mandy Lee
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:29 PM
To self-publish my book and make millions!  That's a sensible resolution, I think!
Jean Marie
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 3:55 PM

To get the first in my detective series published, while completing the 2nd.  Possibly finishing the 3rd , too?
curtis bausse
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 5:34 AM

Hey, Jean Marie, just the same as mine! Though I might restrict myself to starting the third. As for publishing the first, well, it could well have me believing in Santa Claus again.

Here's wishing you all the best, and may you look back twelve months from now and see all your resolutions fulfilled! And the same for Mandy Lee - well the first part should be feasible, but the second might just require a bit of Santa's help.wink

Perry
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 11:42 AM

1. See 10 or more short fiction or creative nonfiction pieces published in local periodicals.        
2. Submit at least four short stories to larger markets.

3. Finish the novel, do my research on publishers and submit to at least one.

January - Four shorts accepted for publication in "local periodicals;" one short story published in a "larger market;" focusing on one regional traditional publisher for submission of the novel; continued to work on novel - with a long way to go.

--edited by Perry on 1/28/2015, 10:19 AM--

Mimi Speike
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 10:13 PM

I’m resolved to keep going. It’s difficult at times, isn’t it? I have my good days and my bad days. I won’t know what kind of day this is until I read over the new material I wrote yesterday. Which I am about to do.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, well, I'm in no-man's land at the moment. I've got the logic right, but I need more banter. I'm reading Confederacy of Dunces at the moment, and I am so impressed with the intimate banter. Got to work on my banter. Also, I have to reread A Fool And His Money, an investigation, the graduate student author spent months digging into the town records of a fractious thirteenth-century or so southern France town. The description of the landscape is something I could use right now, in my account of a rare level field of fennel being fought over by Prince Bittor (who has planted it to increase the milk production of his sheep) and the Minister of Finance (who uses it to produce an absinthe-like beverage, which he hopes to market).

Also, d'Ollot has decided that this natural amphitheater is the perfect spot for him to stage a phony miracle, a visitation of the Virgin Mary, to increase tourism to the isolated region, to improve the finances of the crown.

--edited by Mimi Speike on 12/25/2014, 2:32 AM--

Posted: Monday, January 5, 2015 12:09 PM

I love these resolutions. They are all ambitious, but each in their own way. Now that we are 5 days into the New Year, how are the writing resolutions going?
Jean Marie
Posted: Monday, January 5, 2015 12:57 PM

Mine aren't in the least ambitious Lucy, they're in line w/ keeping a positive attitude   If I don't have or keep that, then what's the point.
LeeAnna Holt
Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 7:26 AM

I want to start querying. That is my main goal right now. I need to get HANDS out there. It's been sitting around too long, and I need to move on.

I also hope to get at least half of it's sequel, TIES OF BLOOD AND INK finished. Unless I can write almost 200,000 words in a year. That would be something, wouldn't it? 

I also want to finish some shorts I'm working on, and maybe find some contests for them.

Here is to the new year!

Amber Wolfe
Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 10:56 AM

My resolution is to not give up on my writing. So far people on this site have been encouraging my writing and coaxing me to get better. If things go as hoped, Destiny's Bond; Volume I will be successfully revised, and Destiny's Bond; Volume II will be in drafting stages. And who knows? Maybe along the way I'll get inspired to write some more short stories or expand Scarlet Crimson into a novel or a Series

So there. That's my resolution. And where Destiny's Bond; Volume II is concerned . . . Well, I'm working on Chapter Two right now, so yeah!

Posted: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 11:06 AM

Amber and Lee Anna-- I love the thoughtfulness in your posts. You can do it! You're both such hard workers and so committed!

I just posted on another thread about the Write Start contest and accompanying author series. Everyone who is looking for a fun way to kick off a new year of writing should check it out!

Jump to different Forum...