RSS Feed Print
I'm published - How'd that happen?
D J Lutz
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 3:10 PM

Thanks to the great information and the creative confidence gained from my time on Book Country, I am now a published author! [insert video of me doing the happy dance.]

No, not my novel, although this next year could be "the big one," for it. No, I am talking about a short story of mine that has been chosen for a new literary vehicle called World Unknown Review. Containing 11 shorts and one novella, the WUR is the baby of editor L.S. Engler. Some of the authors chosen are seasoned vets, others (me) are just breaking into the business. My author copies are being sent as I type. And I have the bottle of wine ready to go when they get here!

The best part? L.S. is neither a relative nor a neighbor so I can't claim favoritism. And it paid, making it a win for everyone!

Available on Amazon in paperback, and as a Kindle ebook, check the link out here!

Now, it's back to The Milk Chocolate Murders.

Jay Greenstein
Posted: Saturday, December 20, 2014 11:54 PM
Paid is always nice. Congratulations
D J Lutz
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 2:48 PM
Thanks!
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2014 11:28 AM

DJ--this is wonderful news!! Well done!

Jean Marie
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2014 1:21 PM

I'm late to the congratulations DJ, but I'm very happy for you   Way to go!  I hope it's the beginning of a run for you.
Elizabeth Moon
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 12:09 AM

Congratulations!
D J Lutz
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 7:43 PM
Thanks Elizabeth!
D J Lutz
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 7:44 PM
Thanks, Jean Marie! I am hoping you are correct. Next week, there may be more news!

--edited by D J Lutz on 12/29/2014, 7:53 PM--

D J Lutz
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2014 7:52 PM
Thanks Lucy. And thanks to BC and the community of writers here. In less than a year, I have had a short story selected for publication, a few features on Book Country, an article with NowU, and something else coming out the first week of January. And The Apple Pie Alibi is under revision (again) with the goal of getting published this summer with either BC or possibly one of two other publishers. Who would have thought a few constructive comments made in a review of my historical novel would spark an epiphany in my mystery writing. Sorry to be so wordy, but I am re-motivated! (The wine with dinner probably had something to do with it, too.)
Carl E. Reed
Posted: Saturday, January 3, 2015 4:54 PM

Congrats! Just stumbled across your posting sharing the good news.

Ah, validation . . . !

Jump to different Forum...