RSS Feed Print
Comic Book News Weekly! (Hellblazer, Ultron, Archie)
Zach Heher
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2014 1:37 PM

Hello Book Country!

Well its Friday and that means hanging out at the bar and drinking the weekend away. JK. Friday also means it is time for some comic book news.

Tonight, NBC releases their new supernatural series Constantine, based on the character of the same name from the Hellblazer series by DC and Vertigo Comics. Matt Ryan stars as John Constantine, a snarky exorcist and con artist who investigates demonic activity. Behind legendary Superman and Batman, John Constantine is one of the most popular characters of the DC Universe and definitely one of my favorite heroes to a point I actually named on of my characters after him. Everyone recognizes him from his smart-ass attitude to is smoking habit. What really made this character stand out was the fact that John Constantine was one of the very few comic book characters that aged in real time. John Constantine has already appeared on live-action in the 2005 film Constantine starring Keanu Reeves. Whoa. At least the show will be more fateful than the movie. 

The new trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron has been posted online and it is amazing. James Spader is Ultron, the robotic antagonist in the new superhero film. The trailer is, as I said, amazing. Ultron is just how I imagined him and with James Spader doing the voice and motion-capture. Ultron is one of my all time favorite comic book villains and I am happy to see him on the big screen ready to cause havoc on the Avengers. If you wanna see the trailer yourself, link on this link here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

Finally word is that the all-american teen Archie might appear on the small screen on FOX's Riverdale. Any Archie fan would know that Riverdale is the fictional hometown of Archie Andrews, Veronica, Jughead, and the rest of the gang. If you're a fan of Archie be sure to look out for any news from FOX. Who knows what adventures will take place on the show? Maybe he will encounter the Punisher or crossover with Sabrina the Teenage Witch. They gotta be more interesting and bizarre than Archie meeting the Predator. I'm not joking that is an actual comic coming next year.

Well that's it for now. What do you think? What are you more excited for? Whatever you got to say, post your comment right away!

Jump to different Forum...