RSS Feed Print
50 Shades Trailer
Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:31 AM

Sooooooooooooooooooo have you all watched the 50 Shades trailer yet?!?
hmjmdeleon
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:56 PM

Just watched, thank you

Not sure if I want to see it or not.

Had mixed feelings about the series. Liked the first one, the second a little less, and the third I didn't finish.

I buy her as Ana but not him as Christian. IDK, he didn't seem dark and brooding enough.

Speaking of trailers, I'm thinking of doing some for my books. Anyone have any thoughts?

AlysArden
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:44 PM

I just watched the 50 Shades trailer this morning, too!

It’s kinda funny. I haven’t read the books, although, I’ve owns the first one for over a year. But I have this very clear picture of what they are all about (whether is accurate or not is TBD). But I actually really liked the trailer. I def want to see the movie, now. Which means I def want to read the books first!

What are you thinking about doing with your book @hmjmdeleon? I’m actually shooting a trailer for my book, THE CASQUETTE GIRLS, next week! So I guess you could say I am pro-trailer

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Friday, July 25, 2014 7:06 PM

Mine will be very simple, no real shooting involved. I'm just going to make a quick vid with cover. I'm thinking of creating my own logo to put in it too. I have to find some kind of background music or something. There's a lot to think about.
AlysArden
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:58 AM

Sounds cool! I’m a sure a logo could help people immediately identify your book. 

I never DREAMED how many things you have to think about during the shoot. I’ve seriously been agonizing over which color nail polish my MC will be wearing  (there a couple close ups of her hands, lol!)

Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:58 AM

Obviously purple!!
AlysArden
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 12:24 PM

@lucy Oh, dang, you might have just solved my problem!

Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 2:06 PM

It's my fave color. I always vote for purple!

A million years ago I did this trailer for my book BEAUTIFUL AMERICANS. All it really is a time-lapse series of photos I took as I walked around Paris, where the book is set, and set that to royalty-free music. Budget: $0. So my ROI was fine, LOL. Now I look back and it seems so DIY and kinda random, but hey! It was 2008.I had literally never used YouTube before I made this. Makes me nostalgic for simpler times . . .

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:53 PM

Lucy, how do you get royalty free music?
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:47 AM

I found a composer named Kevin MacLeod online. I listened to a bunch of his tracks and ready through his FAQ very carefully. He's a generous guy who only asked to be credited for that particular track. That's why I showed his name on the postcard at the end of the video. He's developed his site a lot since then, so check it out and see if it is useful to you!

--edited by Lucy Silag - Book Country Community Manager on 7/29/2014, 9:49 AM--

hmjmdeleon
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:42 PM

Awesome! I'll check it out
AlysArden
Posted: Friday, August 1, 2014 8:58 AM

Those were the early Youtube days! GAH, love the postcard title cards at the end. I think you were ahead of your time. The handwritten cards on YT are all the rage, now

Posted: Friday, August 1, 2014 11:05 AM

Ha!
Sephira
Posted: Friday, August 1, 2014 12:48 PM

Won't be watching it. Don't think anyone should watch it, really...the whole thing (books and movie) should be boycotted due its horrible and dangerously misleading portrayal of the BDSM lifestyle.

Edit... also, this thread should probably be in "Erotica". 50 Shades isn't really a "romance" novel.

--edited by Sephira on 8/9/2014, 10:25 PM--

Zach Heher
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2015 3:12 PM
Is anyone here going to check out Fifty Shades of Grey? If so, then be warned that this film is getting panned left and right. Jeremy Jahns from his youtube channel calls it absolute dogshit, the fellas from the Schmoes Know podcast say it STOINKS, and a news anchor from Australia says it's the worst movie she ever saw. 

If you're still dead set on seeing this movie, know what you are getting into. Me on the other hand I'm going to see Kingsman.

Jump to different Forum...